Magnaflow releases full stainless steel exhaust systems for 65-70 Mustangs

Full stainless systems, headers back, using X pipe and 5x8x14 mufflers
Life Time Warranty-
3 different exit locations-
straight out the back, dumping before the rear bumper, and off to the side behind the rear wheels-

Pricing will be somewhere in the low-mid $500 for the entire kit, including mufflers and so on-

• Sponsors (?)

Nothing against magnaflow, but (to me) the magnapacks sound like $10 glasspacks, and the regular box mufflers sound just like generic turbo mufflers. The magnaflows are made of shiny stainless steel though. Actually, everyone I've spoken with feels the same way, and agrees on the sound. The day I spend $500+ for a mass produced exhaust kit, to install myself that sounds like the most generic and outdated exhaust systems on the planet, will likely be the day I die. Just my .02, welcome or not.

302 coupe said:
Nothing against magnaflow, but (to me) the magnapacks sound like $10 glasspacks, and the regular box mufflers sound just like generic turbo mufflers. The magnaflows are made of shiny stainless steel though. Actually, everyone I've spoken with feels the same way, and agrees on the sound. The day I spend $500+ for a mass produced exhaust kit, to install myself that sounds like the most generic and outdated exhaust systems on the planet, will likely be the day I die. Just my .02, welcome or not.
I dont care for the sound either.my buddy has the FB that was in Ford Enthusiast for the tech article,really didnt impress me except that it was stainless :shrug:

The sound is definately a bit different, and I have not driven my yet since it was installed, so I cant comment on the drone. That is what I DIDNT want, so I am hoping it is true.

But, I would dare you to compare a full mandrel bent stainless steel 2.5" system with x-pipe pricing... whatever mufflers you want. I bet you will spend close to that at a regular exhaust shop.

The fit is outstanding, and you can do it yourself.

I was impressed with mine, even if you dont like the sound.

I run 2.5" Magnaflows with x-pipe out the back. I can see how you think they sound glasspackish. While cruising they are mellow with some drone at certain rpms, but at wot they really snap, while making a throaty growl. I really like it compared to my flowmaster 40s. Every single car or truck with a flowmaster has a similar drone to me. Its hard to tell the diff of them without looking. Overall, Im very pleased with the system and glad I dont sound like every other v8 on the raod.

iskwezm said:
yeah,but at least it wouldnt be a off the shelf part and I designed my exhaust the the way i wanted it,not the same as the next guy, and i think it cost less,even though it wasnt stainless,but i dont need stainless :rolleyes:

I'm not arguing... just stating that if you compare apples to apples, it would have been approx the same cost. If I dont like it... I can always go with a different muffler. I also liked the idea of the X-pipe instead of a regular H. The Dr. Gas Xpipes are quite expensive as well.

I will see how much I like it when I finally get to drive it.

summit sells a nice mandrel bent 2.5" x-pipe kit for $90. Flowmaster sells mandrel bent 2.5" tailpipes for $99, then add your mufflers of choice for say $100-$150.....$350 total max. Or you could spend $500+ for the same stuff from magnaflow. I don't get it. I think their motto is "a sucker born every minute."

Red5oh said:
I'm not arguing... just stating that if you compare apples to apples, it would have been approx the same cost. If I dont like it... I can always go with a different muffler. I also liked the idea of the X-pipe instead of a regular H. The Dr. Gas Xpipes are quite expensive as well.

I will see how much I like it when I finally get to drive it.
i totally agree with you,as far as the fit of it,but the sound doesnt work for me :rolleyes:

iskwezm said:
i totally agree with you,as far as the fit of it,but the sound doesnt work for me :rolleyes:

I am hoping it sounds good... the car is still on jack stands in the garage. I have a few more items to hook up. Throttle cable, electric fan, mass air mounting, intake tube, etc before I can drive it. Even then there is no interior so I would be sporting the milk crate seating w/o doors and fenders... so it will still be a few months before I get to drive it down the road.

I had a Fox body Mustang with dual Magnaflows - I really liked the sound.

I think most people like them; that's why they're so popular.

I'm not saying they're the best ever, but it's just odd to me to see so many people putting them down in this thread. It's obvious that most people like them.

Apples to apples you would be hard pressed to beat this setup, actually. Stainless, mandrel, x-pipe, hangers, polished tips and no nonsense with some exhaust shop goons and their BFH. I don't view my exhaust system as a canvas or an opportunity to express my individualism, so for me buying an engineered piece eliminated alot of BS.

I just paid $438 delivered, no tax, no shipping charges from HOTTEXHAUST.
One of you is quoting $500+... do your homework.

I have a stainless Magnaflow on my 911 turbo and it's a very well made piece with a great sound. Sound is subjective. I like the sound.