magnapack or slp?

steve06

Feb 14, 2004
I have a 02 gt and i really want a nice catback. if you guys had to choose between the mahnapack and the slp what would you get. I am just looking for some honest feedback. the pros and cons of both systems. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on your taste for exhaust I would go to www.mustangexhaust.com
and see what exhaust you like not what everyone else likes.
In my opnion I would get neither.I hate SLP they suck but,the
Magnapacks sound and performance great in my opnion.
SLP is for GM cars not Mustangs :notnice:

1of3901SpringGT said:
Do you want it to sound like a mustang (magnapack or flowmaster etc..) or a rusty pickup, or tractor (SLP). It's up to you.
On that same token, I have a 96 Cobra with the magnapack system, and if you want it to sound like a hillbilly pick-em-up truck, then go with the magnapack. This is the first mod that I have gotten that I didn't like. It is loud and obnoxious, and a "special attention" getter (FUZZ). On the upside, I noticed a lot more low-end torque, so there is a plus. :notnice:

steve06 said:
I have a 02 gt and i really want a nice catback. if you guys had to choose between the mahnapack and the slp what would you get. I am just looking for some honest feedback. the pros and cons of both systems. Thanks.

Just my opinion, but if you want a nice sounding and mildly aggressive exhaust - but you still want your mother or granny to still like your car...better go with the packs. And if you want something aggressive...and taken to the next level, but you want to make sure that your mother and granny scream at you when you do a drive-by - SLP wins hands down...

http://www.mustangexhaust.com/sounds/Magnapack vs SLP.mp3

Sweet!! :D

Just installed my packs this past weekend and sound great. Have a 01 vert and was worried about them being too loud. Very tolerable at cruise speeds. Get on the throttle and unleash the beast. Smile from ear to ear and couldn't be happier. :D

Never heard the SLP setup in person on a Stang, it sounds ok on the LS1, but the packs and matching catted X pipe on my Stang provides a nice tone while crusing, screaming volume at WOT and nice kick in the pants too performancewise.

CatmanJJ said:
Never heard the SLP setup in person on a Stang.

Heard the SLP that I have :nice: ...and have also heard the Packs setup in person on a Stang, and that's why I refused to go with the Magnaflow - plus the fact that their tips suck...and overall quality stinks out loud, when compared to SLP. IMO.

:eek:

I think those two systems are very similar. slp will be a bit louder IMO. I am not a huge fan of the loudmouth sound but it is loud. if you are keeping you stock midepipe it will really not be that loud. both of these exhuasts are very loud with an o/r pipe so keep that in mind. I personally like the borla and bassani in sound over both of those but it is all about personal taste as long as you like the sound borla, bassani, mangnaflow/pack, slp all make a great exhaust. I would just listen to clips and buy the one you like the best.

As for the slp making fbody parts coments, what does that have to do with anything. magnaflow, flowmaster, bassani, mac, hooker, edlebrock, borla, etc makes fbody exhaust as well. I don't understand you logic. any company that makes are part for a chevy can't be run on ford. that is the gayest thing I have ever heard. Comp, crane, trickflow, worldproducts, dart, lunati, crower, msd, vortech, paxton, Ati, nos, edlebrock, I could go on all day make parts for both ford and chevy.