Mail order tune of for CMS stg 1 cams?

9646gt

Apr 7, 2005
Holloman AFB,NM
Ok so in short I am wanting to get a set of CMS stg 1 cams but am stationed in Alaska where there is no place for a dyno tune. I was thinking of getting the sniper special forces tuning software but am now thinking I should order an xcal3 from someone like brenspeed since I can get a mail order tune with it and have no tuning experience. What would you do in my case? Is there a better place to get the tuner that would offer a free mail order with it? Would Sniper offer a free tune if I went that route? I really think I prefer the sniper software. Also I know I will be leaving some power on the table with out a dyno tune but I have no choice really till I got back to the lower 48 in like 2011 lol. Would I still get some decent gains and be able to still have the car streetable? Have you guys had any issues with passing emissions with these cams? Also do I have to change the cam gears or anything else I need to buy with them when the time comes? My wife is going to hate me when christmas time rolls around this year lol.

• Sponsors (?)

everyone keeps telling me I can work out a tune myself very easily on sniper software. I just don't want to get the cams in the car and not even be able to drive it come summer because of not having a tune...