Major problem with AODE

95tealGT

Jan 5, 2003
Altoona, PA
I just got a new converter, shift kit, and tranny cooler put in about 6 months ago. About 3 months ago in my first to second shifts and second to third shifts in would go in gear, then rev up a little but wouldn't go back down. That part puzzled me a little bit. But tonight a whole new major problem errupted. When im sitting at a stop in drive and floor it, the car just sits still and the rpms go up freely until about a second later it finally grabs. It's a horrible feeling and its all of a sudden too. Anybody have any clue what it is? I'm calling up my trannsmission shop tomorrow to see if I have a warranty on the stuff that they installed. I know the PI has a 2 year warranty but the shop charges 500 dollars JUST to drop a transmission and put it back up. :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry to hear....my moms windstar had the same problem. That obviously was stock. But basically if you stop moving its like the tranny falls into neutral right?! Then you give it some gas and it revs and all of a sudden the trans grabs a gear you chirp your tires (thats all you ever get in the van) and are off, right...? If that is the case we didnt pull the tranny apart we just got a whole new one so that was that. In you case it might be time for a rebuild... Sorry. :shrug: :nonono:

It only does it when I floor it though. Just giving it normal gas it drives normally. I just checked the trans fluid though and its low and brown, so I'm going to get that changed and then see if that improves things.

DUDE...There is a shop here that only charges $425 to drop the tranny, rebuild it completely, and put it back in. (Of course, that is w/o parts.) $500 is WAY too High. The shop that put my PI Stallion in charged $200 labor.

I would say change the fluid and put in a bottle of Lucas Trans additive...It's worth a shot.

Keep us posted.

RC

this post is gonna sound retarded as ***** but... the transmission has that valve thing that senses manifold vacuum, right? could it be that...

damn, i'm sorry. i've been up for 48 hours. and it's been over a year since my transmission course.