makin a switch :/

foxbodymike87

Jul 12, 2011
the time has come...i cant afford to have a stang and a truck..so i still wanted power but needed AWD for winter...so im gettin myself into an EVO. one day ill have another.. and ill still be on the site!!

• Sponsors (?)

Please explain the need for AWD. People have driven in snow and ice for about 90 years without it. When I was 17 and 18 and everyone was terrified of a blizzard, I'd intentionally go out and drive to develop snow driving skills. Maybe I'm alone, but the last thing I wanted was to be a grown man in the middle of a NY blizzard and not be able to get where I needed to get. /rant

Yeah I feel you, having two cars is two expenses, which is expensive.

Please explain the need for AWD. People have driven in snow and ice for about 90 years without it. When I was 17 and 18 and everyone was terrified of a blizzard, I'd intentionally go out and drive to develop snow driving skills. Maybe I'm alone, but the last thing I wanted was to be a grown man in the middle of a NY blizzard and not be able to get where I needed to get. /rant

The need for AWD is where i live it is very hilly and in a snowstorm your not goin anywhere..i tried driving around in 2wd and every hill i came to i had to put it in 4wd

Same reason for the need for 500+ HP. You don't really need it, but it's nice to have.

I drove a Mustang 10+ years in snow. sometimes with snow tires, sometimes without. I managed fine despite a few white-knuckle drives at times. I developed plenty of snow skills and there was only a few snow situations i would avoid.

I had two Mustangs at once and sold one for a 4-door sedan due to the impractibility of a Mustang with my current life. Putting golf clubs in the trunk and taking 3 coworkers to lunch was impossible. I got an AWD car...and now I would not want to go back to RWD at all.

I tossed some studded snows on the car and it's literally point and shoot. Hills, deep drifts, you name it..i got thru easily with coffee in hand.

And i ALWAYS hear, "well, RWD + snow tires > AWD with all-seasons".....NO, not even close. 4 wheels pushing > 2 wheels pushing

I did drive my first Mustang in the snow a few times. It was an '88 GT and i got it with some kind of Goodyear all weather tires because it was the previous owner's DD and he drove it year around. I got through snow that was deep enough that the fog light openings on the front bumper filled with snow from scraping through it. You just have to have a lot of throttle control and be ready to counter steer because it's bound to happen. A little weight in the back doesn't hurt either.

I live in the middle of Canada. We don't have summer. It snows everyday. I don't need a truck.

J/K but our winters are brutal. I usually drove around in my 2 wheel drive Silverado with a chit load of weight in the back, and two bad ass studded tires. Never got stuck. The other option is you could do that top the stang. Studded tires and bags of sand in the trunk!!! Wheee!!!

You could drive anything in snow with studded tires...the problem around here is that snow doesn't stick around long enough to need them...you'll get a ticket driving on dry pavement with studs, so you'd end up swapping tires every few days. Blizzacks are a wise investment though.

you will regret it, end up selling the Evo, loosing money, and having no truck or mustang. Expect to buy a dedicated set of winter tires for the evo also