Making 325 RWHP...what is the max amount of N02 with my mods?

Fastime331

Founding Member
Dec 23, 2001
St. Petersburg Fl.
Okay I know the stock crank, rods and block are only good for so much.

But... My mains are studded, I have ARP rod bolts, Forged pistons and balancing of the assembly.

If you were me what would be the Max amount of Nitrous (wet kit) you would go with?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I shot my stock 140K mile motor many many times with a 150 shot from an NOS Big Shot plate system and it worked very well. This is the plate that fits between the upper and lower intake. If you're running the EFI RPM intake, I think there's a plate kit for that intake.

I ran around 340RWHP and shot a 175 wet kit, worked great but the car made a ton of torque and was a handle full to drive the first 330ft or so...

The thing a lot of guys worry about is the stock rod bolts, you rarely hear of a stock rod breaking or even the crank unless omething else goes wrong. Anything can happen but if the tune is there I think you'll have no problems with a 125+, just make sure the rest of your system is up to par, fuel etc..and learn how to read and tune the car, start with the small shot and go from there.

FWIW, my car went 11.80 @ 116mph on motor (needed more gear) (91-92mph in the 1/8)

On a 175 shot I only 1/8'd like a 11.70 car @ 100mph since it was a wild ride but once I could get the tires to hook and car to go straight I would pick up 30mph on the last 1/8.

Car made 450RWHP and 740FTTQ on the bottle...torque monster! Stock rods, stock rod bolts, stock main bolts, stock pistons...I was taking way to many chances.

I can't wait to shoot 300+ through the new combo, which should have well over 500RWHP as well...

Rick 91GT said:
I ran around 340RWHP and shot a 175 wet kit, worked great but the car made a ton of torque and was a handle full to drive the first 330ft or so...

The thing a lot of guys worry about is the stock rod bolts, you rarely hear of a stock rod breaking or even the crank unless omething else goes wrong. Anything can happen but if the tune is there I think you'll have no problems with a 125+, just make sure the rest of your system is up to par, fuel etc..and learn how to read and tune the car, start with the small shot and go from there.

FWIW, my car went 11.80 @ 116mph on motor (needed more gear) (91-92mph in the 1/8)

On a 175 shot I only 1/8'd like a 11.70 car @ 100mph since it was a wild ride but once I could get the tires to hook and car to go straight I would pick up 30mph on the last 1/8.

Car made 450RWHP and 740FTTQ on the bottle...torque monster! Stock rods, stock rod bolts, stock main bolts, stock pistons...I was taking way to many chances.

I can't wait to shoot 300+ through the new combo, which should have well over 500RWHP as well...

Which kit were you using?

I'm looking at the:
NX 20922-10 kit
ALL FORD EFI SINGLE NOZZLE SYSTEM WITH 10 LB. BOTTLE ( 35-50-75-100-150 HP )
-or-
The new Edelbrock plate kit 150-300 hp.

Who has the best prices?

I dynoed 303rwhp with the 93 stock bottom end with hyper pistons. I have a big shot plate kit, but at the dyno it only added 100hp with a 150 shot and peaked at 4200rpm. :notnice: The a/f ratio was way too rich, because I think that nos heater doesn't get the bottle no where near hot enough. I didn't have a gauge at the time. I'm going to try a little bigger jets, maybe a 175-200 shot. :nice: The only fuel mod I have is a 255lph pump, so you should be ok.