Making a Mustang sound like a Ferrari

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixstringthing

Aug 11, 2003
Is there any exhaust that will make a GT sound like a v8 Ferrari at higher RPMs? I don't mean just high pitched and raspy for the hell of it, I mean really close to that smooth exotic "wail" at the higher RPM's? At lower RPM's, idle etc. I dig the muscle car tone but when your on the highway at WOT, those exotics sound amazing IMO.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, i dont think it is possible to get it exactly there because the ferraris rev to like 8 grand, or at least the 360 modena does. The only thing I could tell you is an X pipe and maybe some straight through muffs. Good luck. :D

Yeah not gonna happen. You have to understand that the ferrari sound comes from the design of the engine itself. When they make the bock and the heads they do it with the legendary sound in mind. The mustang has also a very distinctive high rpm wail that i love and i think the MAC and Magnaflow cat-backs bring it out the most. They realy bring out that scream that mustangs make, where as the flowmaster stuff just makes that low growl of all the muscle cars.

Doesn't the firing order of teh Stangs help give it a unique sound as well as the use of the crossover pipe. The Ferrari Modena has a midengine with seemingly less exhuast piping and sees much higher RPMs, I think that would would make a the biggest difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.