Mannnn... you guys better go fill up now.

yellowstang1994

Sep 9, 2004
Hope you guys are ready for round 2. I love how before katrina that gas was $2.59 here for 89 octane (a little cheaper for 87). They blame gas going up on the hurricane and it went to $3.59+, now that all the refinerys are back up and running and pipe lines fixed or whatever the best i've seen it was $2.99 basically 3 bucks a gallon. Why didn't it go back like it was before katrina? Once they're getting that cashflow they don't want to go any lower then they have to. Now with rita they're talking about gas going up to $5. Let me guess it won't drop after that too much either huh? Well... i'd go on but i'm going to take some 5gal gas cans down to the station, lol.

• Sponsors (?)

BDAWK2002 said:
All these excuses they use to raise gas is friggin b/s!!!!!!I'ts all about the money.
Those bastard gas station owners. They are only in the business to make money. What happened to the passion of the gas pumper?

i might start mad maxing people's cars... nah j/k... but it'll start coming down to that if gas prices go higher... did you notice when they were really high a week or two ago how crazy and stressed out everyone was? it seemed like this week everyone is cool and happy now things are getting crazy again... it affects society a lot.

Dont be idiots. Gas stations have nothing to do w/ the prices going up or down. All they do is adjust there prices depending on what they are being charged. The increase or decrease of gas prices per barrel is all regulated by OPEC.

Around Detroit you can find a gas varying up to 25 cents from station to station, and ALL the owners are Arab/Middle Eastern. Seems like gouging to me.

Also do they have people that check to see whether the pumps are actually pumping what they claim?

SWYZ721 said:
Around Detroit you can find a gas varying up to 25 cents from station to station, and ALL the owners are Arab/Middle Eastern. Seems like gouging to me.

Also do they have people that check to see whether the pumps are actually pumping what they claim?

Being your from michigan you prob heard about the Fast Tracks Gas Station on Gratoit that was doing that. They said they stole into the 6 figures worth the gas from people. Im glad I never went there although I passed by it almost everyday.

I always make sure the first gallon is what the price is set at to make sure everything is fine. Never can be two sorry.. im almost happy winter is coming around Then the mustang wont move and it will save me the money lol..

sonicblue87lx said:
Being your from michigan you prob heard about the Fast Tracks Gas Station on Gratoit that was doing that. They said they stole into the 6 figures worth the gas from people. Im glad I never went there although I passed by it almost everyday.

I always make sure the first gallon is what the price is set at to make sure everything is fine. Never can be two sorry.. im almost happy winter is coming around Then the mustang wont move and it will save me the money lol..

Yea ****in bull****, even 5 cents a gallon adds up extremely quickly.

Also I was wondering if people check and monitor to make sure that when the meter reads 1 gallon pumped that 1 gallon actually comes out. Ya know? to see if the pumps are rigged, or possibly in need of repair. You could make a lot of money having the pump only give .90 gallons and stating that 1 gallon has pumped.

America is such an innocent company, foreigners are coming over with their scammin tactics an stealing a lot of money.

GRGT1994 said:
Those bastard gas station owners. They are only in the business to make money. What happened to the passion of the gas pumper?
First off let me say I work at a gas station, so be careful what you say....

Another thing, the owners of the gas station have no say AT ALL about what they have to set the prices to. Yes there will be some stations that raise the prices insanely high, but it's the oil companies who are incharge of the gas prices. When the price of oil goes up, so does the gas.

If you find a decent place they won't be trying to make an arm and a leg off of gas. And if you're going to complain about their high prices, just don't buy gas from them or report the place to the authorities and it'll get fixed. I love how people think the stations are making TONS of money off of gas. On a good day selling around 800 gallons of gas we only made a $25 profit. Yea... thats a lot of money huh? The places get most of their income from selling other goods such as food, lotto tickets, drinks, etc.

1105 said:
First off let me say I work at a gas station, so be careful what you say....

Another thing, the owners of the gas station have no say AT ALL about what they have to set the prices to. . . .
Mmmm. I see sarcasm is lost on this one.

Striped5.0 said:
Dont be idiots. Gas stations have nothing to do w/ the prices going up or down. All they do is adjust there prices depending on what they are being charged. The increase or decrease of gas prices per barrel is all regulated by OPEC.

I agree with you that they control the prices of gas. I probably know a lot less about this topic then a lot of you guys, especially for those who work in gas stations. But in a logical point of view... this is what I don't get. Say a gas station received their shipment (call it shipment A) of fuel they bought for let's say price A. OPEC decides to up the price per barrel and as soon as the gas station hears it they charge the new price B for shipment A the same day. Even though they haven't paid the higher price for shipment B yet.

I don't know if it's like that everywhere and like I said I could be very wrong... but thats what it looks like to me around the gas stations in my area. I just don't think it's right.

They price based on replacement cost - the cost to replace the gas that they are currently selling. That keeps them from getting pinched as prices rise. But it also leaves the station on the short side as prices go down (high priced gas in their tank that they sell for less as competition lowers the price).

And we all surely notice and complain when prices go up, but when they stay the same or go down, human nature seems to keep us from even noticing.