Manual Steering Rack

pearlnotchback

5 Year Member
Dec 18, 2011
Tennessee
Im sure this has been covered a thousand times but ive never asked about it so here goes. Is there a manual rack out there from napa or whoever that will mount right up to my 92 with my power steering ragjoint shaft and tie rod ends. Im really trying to keep from going the expensive flaming river route. Any tips or advice is needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Looping the lines does work but it's hard as hell to turn... I have the flaming river kit in one of my cars and it shaved like 30lbs off and although it has skinnies it isn't bad at all.

Even if it isn't a daily driver, if you aren't after every last hundreth, i wouldn't go manual. It really doesn't serve much purpose, the weight loss and power gain is minimal. Once it starts to become a job driving your fox, you'll start driving it less and less until you don't drive it at all.

Even if it isn't a daily driver, if you aren't after every last hundreth, i wouldn't go manual. It really doesn't serve much purpose, the weight loss and power gain is minimal. Once it starts to become a job driving your fox, you'll start driving it less and less until you don't drive it at all.
My rack and pump both are leaking and i was thinking of going back with manual to clean up the engine compartment a little bit. I also wont have to deal with it leaking again

My rack and pump both are leaking and i was thinking of going back with manual to clean up the engine compartment a little bit. I also wont have to deal with it leaking again

If you fix it right with new parts it shouldn't leak for years to come.

I certainly wouldn't sacrifice power steering and driveability to clean up the engine bay.

If its a DD I wouldnt.. But I love my manual rack and its not even a flaming river and it turns super easy. I cant stand my engine bay being cluttered. 244040_482783881746724_773027109_o.jpg