manual to power brake help

• Sponsors (?)

You wont be able to mod the pedal to work with the power booster because you wont be able to get the correct pedal ratio.

You should either get the conversion booster, or get the correct booster and a power booster pedal.

As both pedals sit in the same place and the upper mount is the same then its just the rod to pedal location that changes and yes Im pretty sure I can mod it to work. What drill a hole or weld a bolt?

As both pedals sit in the same place and the upper mount is the same then its just the rod to pedal location that changes and yes Im pretty sure I can mod it to work. What drill a hole or weld a bolt?

No, they don't. The power boost pedal does NOT mount the same as the manual, it mounts from a unique pivot far at the top of the pedal bracket, and is the reason the bracket and cowl were redesigned in 1967. The power pedal is several inches longer than the manual. If you were to do as you suggest, move the pushrod pin on a manual pedal and connect it to a power booster, you would have dangerously sensitive brakes, that would lock the wheels if you gave the pedal a stern look.:eek:

Ok I took the pedal out of both cars. (I have one that is power) And I see how the power pedal is longer and hangs from a different spot. Still Not that big a deal to make a non power pedal into a power pedal.

So I guess I go that route and get the regular power booster and mod the pedal.

Ok I took the pedal out of both cars. (I have one that is power) And I see how the power pedal is longer and hangs from a different spot. Still Not that big a deal to make a non power pedal into a power pedal.

So I guess I go that route and get the regular power booster and mod the pedal.

You'll have to extend the arm upward, and relocate the pushrod pin. You'll probably have to modify the large pivot bushing at the top, too.

Lotta welding and filing, but if you have the ability and time, it can be done. Using two standard pedals for parts makes it a lot easier.

I put in a brake booster from a 1993 mustang and a m/c from early 70's maverick. I had manual brakes before and everything went in just fine. I had to make a plate to get the brake booster to work with my pedal set up, but things are grea now and I have plenty of stopping power using my old manual brake pedal.