manual transmission noise

02GTRX

I told an admin to shut up...now I live with the S
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Sep 27, 2004
In first and 2nd gear my transmission makes quite a bit of noise, anyone else have this issue? 3-6 are completly silent. I'm taking it to the dealer Wednesday but would like to know if anyone else has had this problem and how it was fixed. Also every now and then ill go to shift into a gear and it won't go in, I saw the tsb on this but read the fluid they add will shorten the life of the syncros, is this accurate? If so, should I leave the original fluid in it?

• Sponsors (?)

My gears are silent. I have 6K miles. I sometimes get a little crunchy action in 2nd and 3rd when the trans is cold. It can take quite a while to warm them up during Michigan winters.

Once things are up to temp, it's all good for me. It usually grinds on lower rpm shifts (when the trans is cold). Nothing super crunchy...just a normal Mustang manual trans crunch. :)

I've seen vids on Youtube about whiny trans gears. Don't know what to tell you about that.

I'm not doing the TSB yet, as I think that's for "high shift effort" and not really for crunchy-ness.

In first and 2nd gear my transmission makes quite a bit of noise, anyone else have this issue? 3-6 are completly silent. I'm taking it to the dealer Wednesday but would like to know if anyone else has had this problem and how it was fixed. Also every now and then ill go to shift into a gear and it won't go in, I saw the tsb on this but read the fluid they add will shorten the life of the syncros, is this accurate? If so, should I leave the original fluid in it?

Hi 02GTRX,

My name is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. Glad to hear you are going to bring it in to your dealer. I’d like to see how I can help. Please message me with your VIN, mileage, dealer and contact info.

Deysha

Hi 02GTRX,

My name is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. Glad to hear you are going to bring it in to your dealer. I’d like to see how I can help. Please message me with your VIN, mileage, dealer and contact info.

Deysha

Maybe it's just me, but I'd think 2x before sending a stranger on the internets any of my personal information. Why don't you PM him with your phone number so he can call you at work and give you the information there? Just wonderin'.

:shrug:

Maybe it's just me, but I'd think 2x before sending a stranger on the internets any of my personal information. Why don't you PM him with your phone number so he can call you at work and give you the information there? Just wonderin'.

It's just you.;) Jesus, what could possibly be done with the info that was requested? Wasn't like they were asking for SS or CC #'s.

You sure can. Please call the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673 and any one of the Customer Service Reps can assist you. I do not make or take phone calls, sorry.

Deysha
Ford Customer Service Division

You sure can. Please call the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673 and any one of the Customer Service Reps can assist you. I do not make or take phone calls, sorry.

Deysha
Ford Customer Service Division

I wouldn't either due to all the problems the M6's are having. Ford, have fun with this one! You better do the customers right or the 5.0 sales are going to go down the tube.:flag: As well as solve and fix the undeniable issue with the manuals.

really,

the stranger that works for ford, and is trying to help. i guess you dont read around here much..

wait. ford is here and takes the time to request info to help. yea, dont do it take advice from an internet stranger like you! fail.

it is not like he is modded and has a tune in his sig. think about it.

wow!

beers

Tranny issues

I took my car to the dealer on 5/5/11. I am having issues shifting in gears 1-3 and a slight whine from tranny or rear end. I bought my car used and it had a Roush shift ball on it. They told me that the aftermarket shifter was causing the shifting problem but I cant find a shifter on the Roush site only an apperance kit. Does a Roush shifter exist? If not, would having a different shift ball void the warranty on the shifter? They also said that the whine is from the factory installed 3.73 gears. The tech said that 3.73 will always whine at some speed and that he could adjust to have whine at different speed. Any suggestions?