Manually Activate Fuel Pump?

Superhereaux

chicks make me feel inadequate
Founding Member
Jul 30, 2002
South Texas
'o2 GT, factory stock except for suspension and exhaust. No aftermarket alarm or accessories.

It has been about 2 months since the car was last started. Last time I drove the car she started up and drove just fine, no lack of power, no sputtering, nothing. Parked it with a little under 1/4 tank.

Fast forward to last week and the battery is dead. Hook up some cables and she cranks fine but won't turn over. First thing I check is the Schrader valve on the fuel rail and nothing. I can't hear the fuel pump priming when the key is turned to ON. Fuse is good, inertia switch is fine.

I currently don't have my multimeter with me so until I get it, is there anything I can check? I'd like to be able to manually activate the fuel pump if possible to verify it does or does not work. Tried the search and came up pretty much empty handed.

• Sponsors (?)

Try hitting the gas tank with a rubber hammer. Might make the fuel pump start.

Regarding how to force the fuel pump to run for testing for the 1999+ model year. Injecting 12 volts down the RD/BK and BN/PK wires will force the fuel pump to run. Access the wires via the round connector that is located near the center of the gas tank between the gas tank and bumper. Lie on your back and look up center bumper.

This applies to the 1999-2004 Model year only.