Map pocket delete

AFB

Feb 27, 2011
California
So my map pockets are gettting to me. I think Im going to order the map pocket delete's from LSR. Does anyone have these, if so would you mind posting a pick and so you like them. I also cant figure out if my doors are titanium grey or opal grey. My car is a 90 GT if that makes a difference thanks.
Hopefully this photo im posting works out, first pic post and its from my iphone. fingers crossed.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 254
  • Sponsors (?)

you have titanium grey, opal grey is 93 only.

if your crafty at all, save yourself some $$ and cover them yourself.

remove the map pocket section from the door panel. you will need some spray upholstery glue $6, 1 yard of vinyl $6-12 and a normal metal stapler.

peel the old vinyl off the map pocket backing completely. then coat the faces of the backings with the adhesive. stick them onto your yard of material leaving roughly 3/4" material around each.

cut out the entire shape, go over the face of it making sure it laid down smoothly. take the 3/4" of material and wrap it over the edge. you can use a normal stapler and give it a good slam and it will staple into the backing.

then you have map pocket deletes for $50 less.

you have titanium grey, opal grey is 93 only.

if your crafty at all, save yourself some $$ and cover them yourself.

remove the map pocket section from the door panel. you will need some spray upholstery glue $6, 1 yard of vinyl $6-12 and a normal metal stapler.

peel the old vinyl off the map pocket backing completely. then coat the faces of the backings with the adhesive. stick them onto your yard of material leaving roughly 3/4" material around each.

cut out the entire shape, go over the face of it making sure it laid down smoothly. take the 3/4" of material and wrap it over the edge. you can use a normal stapler and give it a good slam and it will staple into the backing.

then you have map pocket deletes for $50 less.

^ This. ^

I had some left over perforated leather from when I had the rear seat in my 'vert recovered to match the '03 front seats. I used it to delete the map pockets.

Doorbefore.jpg

Doorafter.jpg

281pony I really appreciate the write-up. I was almost sure it was titanium grey, I had a hard time searching the interior 'DA' code on the web.

Wythors those panels loom great thanks for the pic. Thank u both for the response

I kinda like the map pockets, especially if they are tight. Of course, i realize they sag. Was looking into replacing the elastic or maybe using some double stick tape/velcro to sort of permanently lock them into position in a nice tight drawn pattern.

deleting them just looks empty

I kinda like the map pockets, especially if they are tight. Of course, i realize they sag. Was looking into replacing the elastic or maybe using some double stick tape/velcro to sort of permanently lock them into position in a nice tight drawn pattern.

deleting them just looks empty

cant you just double over the elastic and staple it inside the pocket to take the sag out? if it does not work/last long it was free and quick anyways

I got the deletes from LRS. I was going to replace the map pockets with new ones but they will pretty much sag again and get out of shape if they are used. I don't use the pockets and I like the clean look the deletes give.

old
ry%3D400

new
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

also gave them a good scrubbing and replaced the speaker screens.