Map Pockets

nmk_61802

May 11, 2005
Any one ever used the 87-89 carpet at 5.0 Resto to cover over the map pocket area on 90-93 cars? How does it fit? Any other creative suggestions on how to get rid of the map pockets?

• Sponsors (?)

i used the carpet pieces on my 86 panels. they fit great but finding someone to sew them on was a pain. haha i paid some mongolian guy cash to do it and he didnt even speak english, lol
turned out awesome though!

I have done it a couple of different ways. I have made panels out of 1/4" wood panels that cover the area of the map pocket and the speaker grill area and covered them in vinyl. It looks better than saggy pockets and gives more depth for bigger door speakers.

The quick and easy to get rid of them is to straighten out the little matal pieces that hold the pocket to the door so that you can take it off and get to the back and remove the staples that hold the pocket material to the panel. Then just put the panel back on and bend the metal pieces back down. The only thing is that there will still be the snap on there unless you remove it and recover the panel. Still looks better than a saggy pocket that gets caught in the door when you close it.

I just trimmed mine off with a razor blade...was too lazy to take door panel off :D It does look alot better now without those saggy pockets.Do a search, i remember seeing a thread about custom panels here somewhere :shrug: Some nice §hit too :nice:

Got enough toys MrKwik?
tweak.gif

'86 Mustang GT
'90 Mustang LX-Sport (5.0)
'92 Mustang LX (carbed 308)
'92 Mustang Notchback(2.3Turbo project)
'93 Mustang LX Convertable (carbed 306)
'72 Big-Block Nova
:nice:

door panels

remove the panel and take off the map pocket then get some carpet that matches yours (kragen schucks, etc :nice: )and place the small map pocke panel on it and cut around it about 1 1/2 inches all around. Then get som 3m spray adhesive and spray the button side of the small panel wrap the carpet around the opposite side and trim to your fit looks good and won't come off! :nice:

MahFiVeOh said:
Got enough toys MrKwik?
tweak.gif

'86 Mustang GT
'90 Mustang LX-Sport (5.0)
'92 Mustang LX (carbed 308)
'92 Mustang Notchback(2.3Turbo project)
'93 Mustang LX Convertable (carbed 306)
'72 Big-Block Nova
:nice:

You can never...and I repeat NEVER have enough toys.:banana: You can also never have enough garage space. :rolleyes: