Mass Air Meter Help

• Sponsors (?)

Just about any meter can be cal'd for any injector.

What injectors is it set for now? If you're running 19s then you might just want to toss the 24 lb injectors into the car and see how it does.

19/24=.791

19 lb injectors are capable capable of supporting about 79% of the fuel that 24s are capable of. That's a difference of 21% That 21% is JUST outside of the EEC IV's ability to compensate at 100% duty cycle.

Here's the wrinkle though... You're probably not running your 19s at 100% of their capacity. What that means is that you could very well fall into range that the EEC is capable of adapting to.

Moral of the story... drop em' in, clear the KAM and allow the EEC time to adjust to the new injectors.

You MUST have working O2 sensors in order for this to work!

It's hit or miss as to how well things go with the larger squirters. It usually works out though.

All of this assumes an A9L or or equivalent though.

Reactions: 1 user
yea what he said ^^

from your question i would assume you have 24lb injectors and a stock replacement bbk meter

ideally, if your going to spend the money to get the maf redone get it calibrated for 60lb injectors and get a chip to take care of the tube, you'll thank me later on

24lb injectors and mafs are pretty useless in the real world

Reactions: 1 user
yea what he said ^^

from your question i would assume you have 24lb injectors and a stock replacement bbk meter

ideally, if your going to spend the money to get the maf redone get it calibrated for 60lb injectors and get a chip to take care of the tube, you'll thank me later on

Ok that sound good but where do I get that done at?

Ok that sound good but where do I get that done at?
If it has a tube in it you can just replace it, otherwise, youll have to get the electronics hacked up

I would try pmas then prom, one of them may be able to do it
sorry man for my ignorance what does pmas and prom stand for because mine will have to be hacked or would I be better off changing to the tube style

yea what he said ^^

This isn't really necessary UNLESS you're moving enough air to peg the meter. Any combo that requires 60lb injectors will likely require digital tuning. If the car is getting digitally tuned, then all of the adjustment can be made to the EEC. It is not necessary to change the EEC and the meter cal... UNLESS the meter is being pegged. If that's the case then it's usually just better to getting another (better) meter.

If you eventually insist on getting the meter recal'd, you can send it to PMAS/Pro-M. I think they charge about $100 to work a meter over and provide a 30 point data sheet. Even if you don't use that data initially, KEEP THE SHEET WHERE YOU CAN FIND IT! You may one day need it (especially if you ever sell it). I recommend scanning it in and keeping a copy on your computer or burning it to CD or something. You can even email it to yourself.

Ah... I did forget to mention one thing. Recalibrating a meter to a set of injectors larger that 30-ish lbs can and usually does lead to drivability issues without a proper tune. You can fool the EEC into thinking you have 19lb injectors installed but it does not know how to adjust injector pulse minimums (low speed and idle) or injector slopes (acceleration).

It's generally better for a street driven vehicle to be dyno-tuned when running such a large injector. WOT throttle passes at a track or whatever, it's not as important.