mass air question

sspnotcback

Jan 5, 2013
ok this is my first mustang,its a 92 coupe,the only mods i did so far are shorty headers,off road x-pipe,flowmaster mufflers,adv timing to 14 degrees,underdrive pullies,smog pump eliminator,my question is would it be ok to put a bigger mass air and 24lb injectors with stock heads,cam,intake.oh i also did 3.73 gears.just want a little pep until i can save for the trickflow top end kit.

• Sponsors (?)

Your 19lb injectors are good until at least 285 hp. As the others have said, adding a MAF and 24lbers isn't worth the hassle now. Also, larger injectors don't add HP, they simply support the amount oh HP you have.

I'll add that with the restrictive stock tb, intake and heads, you won't notice any difference with a larger MAF calibrated for the stock injectors. Since you already have the MAF and 24lb injectors, I would wait until you do a top end swap and then slap them on. I see you are talking about the TFS top end kit, which is a great HCI setup. Then it would make sense for the MAF and injectors.

If you are on a budget, a cheap but decent top end swap is to swap out an explorer intake, 65 mm tb, and heads. You won't make the same HP as the TFS kit, but the cost of the parts is maybe 3-400 bucks vs. 2500 for the TFS kit.