Massachusetts Inspection Tough on Noise Levels

• Sponsors (?)

I found a shop a couple towns from me.
They took it right in with no comments on the exhaust being too loud, and it PASSED!!!!!,, emissions and saftey.
They thought the car sounded great and said we're all Ford people here!!!!

A lot of cops are being told to cite cars for exhaust violations to simply produce revenue in tickets.

Here in CA only the imports get picked on, since there are far more of them with non-CARB approved parts.

I had someone tell me to put guaranteed to pass in and dry gas into 3/4 of a tank and drive it for about a hour or two. It went from 7/8 of a tank to 1/4. With a B-303 cam and no smog pump, it passed and it was below on emissions. Maybe that stuff really works.
They also told me , next time its due for an inspection, it will be only safety because the dyno will be gone. I think that takes place beginning in October of this year.

we should stop posting on the net about no emmisions in our state:lol:

they may be watching:nono:

u never no those commies may friggin extend the sniffer test

rnt decibels like 98 max?

i have never heard of a judgement call...its to loud or it aint

One of the local cops harrassed my brother in his old pickup. Cammed 305 with ultraflows, intake, etc. No one in the town knows where the db meter is, nor do they know how to use it. We searched around on the net and found common db levels of normal sounds. A toilet flusing was listed as 75db. The officer in question had nothing to say.

Harley's are by far the worst, second place goes to fart pipe/can equipped cars.

I can understand wanting loud exhaust on a bike though. If any of you have ever ridden, you'd understand that people in cars are crazy and the mom on the cell phone in the SUV changing lanes with no blinker or warning in front of a bike is a VERY common occurance.

If loud exhaust on a motorcycle has saved 1 life just by getting someone's attention, then i have no problem with it at all.

I can understand 100% about bike exhaust as well, but they just need to be fair across the board....whether it's bike/rice/muscle. f it, rice needs to put 3 mufflers and 2 cats on to snuff the angry hornet in a trash can sounds :D

Hell, I've rapped on the ol' x pipe a few times to get people's attention and believe me, it works :rock::rock::rock: