Master cut off in backup light

brianj5600

Sep 19, 2003
Middle TN
I took a look at it today and don't see how it fits w/o cutting the brace from the inner quarter to the frame rail. I would rather not cut it if I don't have to. I thought it would be a simple job. For those who have done it. What did you do to fit it?

• Sponsors (?)

Here's a different way of doing the kill switch, you just have to fill the fuel from inside the trunk. Since I was installing a fuel cell, it worked out perfect. I made 1 key so it would fit behind the fuel cap while on the highway.

Attachments

• 33045.jpg
    33045.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 33044.jpg
    33044.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 114
Here are few pic's of mine. I guess the 67-68's may be a little different, in the first pic i have scene changed the routing of the bottom power cable as it was rubbing on the spring shackle. I had a get a little creative but it works great, i really didn't want to put a hole in the rear body panel or fab up a stupid sheetmetal bracket to hang down from below the valance.

835961_171_full.jpg

835961_170_full.jpg

That is exactly what I set out to do, but the switch body hit a brace between the back of the frame rail and the vertical piece that goes down on the sides of the trunk. I will look at it some more, but I don't see any way it will work w/o cutting on that brace.