Max HP for Edelbrock Intakes??

Dan Gray

Founding Member
Oct 27, 2002
Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Im curious if anyone has dyno tested edelbrocks intakes for max HP or if anyone knows the flow numbers on them?

The reason im asking is i recently rebuild my 331 motor which last year my 635ft and 734hp to the wheels. This year i changed to a bigger cam and traded my T-trim head unit for a YSI head unit but after dyno thrashing it on the weekend i could only come up with 585ft lbs and 700 HP to the wheels. So with only changing the cam and the blower Im wondering if i choose too big of a cam that im loosing cylinder pressure or if the blower is bigger and flowing more air causing a flow problem into my engine.

Now i am running the Edelbrock RPM II intake manifold and im wondering if there is a limitation to this intake or if they dont like to distribute the air under high boost(20# @ 6000RPM) with the long runner design.

I have been looking at some guys in the renegade classes and it looks like they like to use the Trickflow Box style intake. Im just curious if anyone has tested intakes under forced induction or if anyone has some info before i go out and buy a different intake.

Thanks
Dan

• Sponsors (?)

i think that intake is about maxxed out, definitly switch to the Box-R.

Also, is the car intercooled? I would bet with that much boost, and if you have no intercooler that the IAT temps are getting pretty high.

sounds like the car is pretty serious, personally i'd run a air to water intercooler, and ditch the methanol injection.

they did a test on a car in MM&FF a while back and put a vortch mondo box intake on it, with a water tank in the trunk and gained like 100 hp to the tires. I'll loook for the article