Max Tire Size on Stock 04 Cobra

MiamiFan1354

Mar 2, 2004
Ok, Car is only a few weeks old, but I want to know what's the biggest tire I can put on the car with the stock rims, and where I can find rims that look the same for bigger tires. I remember somewhere reading 17*10.5 but I can't find them in a stock look. Let me know, thanks..

• Sponsors (?)

tires

i dont know the biggest size you can use, but I do know of two people at the track who put a bigger size on the stock rim and didnt go any faster.. One thought he was going slower and not hooking any better..

I have stayed with the stock rims and tire size in BFG DR and have been down to 1.70 60ft I've also never broke anything ....so far... most people I know with slicks or with BFG DRS but more power than me have broken halfshafts or the entire differential exploded all over the track.. guess what i am saying is that you might want to just start with some 275 40R17 BFG DRs first...you will probably be very happy with the results..

I tried NIttos and they are not as good as the regular BFG DRs. BFG also makes G FOrce DRs and I havent tried them yet, but they seem to be pretty hard to find. Also Mickey Thompson is coming out with Drag Radials some time soon!

Do a search for AFS Wheels. they offer the 10 inch wheels and they look identical to the stock wheels...

The $900.00 price is for all 4 not just the rear, just wanted to tell you the width since you asked. The fromt is 8 or 9 in wide. The polished ones are almost the same price, so definately spend the extra $30 or so...you'll be glad you did when you wash them :nice: