Mcleod BellHousing And Longtubes HELP

UpRise_5.0

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2002
Canada
Im installing a Mcleod BellHousing and FlowTech Longtubes, I know I will need to remove some of the sides of the bellhousing to get them to fit.

Does anyone know exactly how much to remove or have a picture of how much they removed so I know how much to take off.

• Sponsors (?)

You'll have to do it trial and error method. Once you get the transmission, bellhousing, engine installed...then drop the headers in. Only then will you know how much, if any, material you will have to remove. A good airgrinder with a 3-4" diameter course grit disc will make short work of it.

autoXr1 said:
You'll have to do it trial and error method. Once you get the transmission, bellhousing, engine installed...then drop the headers in. Only then will you know how much, if any, material you will have to remove. A good airgrinder with a 3-4" diameter course grit disc will make short work of it.

autoXr1, long time no see. You're new #'s in you're sig look super sweet :nice: I sold off my fti combo, now have a 418 stroker. Should be around 500+rwhp :banana: You gave me crap when I bought that nitrous system, is this along the same lines of that :rlaugh: :spot:

There is also one other solution to your problem. Get rid of those el cheapo Flowtech Headers. I helped a friend install a set of Flowtech long tubes on his 5.0 Stang with a stock bellhousing yet and they fit like Sh**. I'm a performance parts retailer and I know for a fact that Flowtech is cheap stuff. Just look at the price and how they are made. Anyhow, I have a MCleod Steel Bellhousing on my Stang as well, and I used BBK Long Tubes and they fit quite well. They cleared the bellhousing with no problem and there was no modifications required. Do it right the first time man. Buy some good quality headers. That way you won't be banging and grinding a bunch of stuff and you wont be changing header & collector gasket's all the time.

:banana:

UpRise_5.0 said:

Stop asking.... "anyone?" :nonono:
The answer is in my reply a couple of spaces up. If you ask anyone else on this board what your problem is, they will tell you it's the cheap headers. Go Buy some real header's and your problem's will be solved man. Anyone else agree? Hopefully Uprise_5.0, you will realise it's actually what the problem is. It's not the bellhousing. Cheap headers never fit proparly.