Mcleod, Fidanza, or Ram HDX CLutch?

97predator

Aug 18, 2003
va beach
All,
I have searched through and checked up on clutches as my car has 108K on the factory piece. It is definitely getting to be about hat time. It is working fine but as best I can describe the pedal is getting softer and it is tempermental at low speeds...if that makes any sense.

I have narrowed my choice down to the Fidanza 2.1, Mcleod StreetPro, and Ram HDX. My car has a cat back with a set of long tubes and x pipe waiting to go on. Aside from a JLT cold air in the future their won't be many more mods. Of the three clutches, which would best serve my needs? The Fidanza and Ram are about the same price, but I have lots of great things about the Mcleod clutches. Is the price difference warranted? Just bought a house with the lady so I don't want to spend money I don;t need to, but at the same time if their is a big quality difference I will go with the Mcleod. What are your thoughts?

I also will add the pilot bearing and clutch fork(ford racing parts). As far as the clutch quadrant/cable, I was going to go with the Steeda or Ford Racing Adjustable setup. Is their a difference between the two besides the quadrant being blue? :)

The car is driven every day for work and sees a lot of highway miles. I have never taken it to the track(may go occasionally) and she loves driving the car too so the clutch needs to retain some manner of stock characteristics as far as stiffness.

I appreciate the help.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a RAM in my car, it is a Powergrip, but the thing is a beast and fun to drive. It slips a little and there is no chatter. The HDX will have a lighter pedal and be easier on your calf muscle.

For the quadrant, go with the MM quadrant and firewall adjuster. Anything not named Steeda or MM will break/stretch or just suck. I had a UPR cable and it stretched and eventually snapped. And even when it was brand new, my clutch felt like a sintered iron clutch.