Me Vs. 01 SS?

Well a mustang guy turned Camaro SS owner kind of offered me a race. Nothing like "Oh yea I'd kill you," more like "Hey if you ever wanna run let me know when and where." Now this got me thinking, how would I do against this car? specs below. How do you think I would do, even without driver error? Do I have any chance whatsoever?

Him:
2001 Camaro SS- Stock, SLP package, 6 speed, Goodyear tires (very sticky, I have seen him race, he rarely spins the tires, he very good on the clutch/launch).

Me:
1991 Notch- Gt40 Y303s, 1.6 Roller rockers, Cobra intake, 70mm TB, BBk longtubes and O/R H-pipe, smog delete, pullies, Eibach launch kit, lakewood 70/30s and 50/50s, Southsides, 3.55s, Eaton Posi, Subframe connectors, T5z, King Cobra clutch, Aluminum D/S, Khumo Ecsta 711s (These suck, 1st is non existant.)

I would Probably get killed no? How much would a set of Drag radials help?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah that would be your best bet. A while back I raced a 99 SS with LS1 H/C/I and 150 shot. I have 9lb SC with stock lower end. My car runs low low 12s. (or high 11 if everything goes perfect, never has for me). I beat him on street tires so then we went with our slicks and skinnys on. I could just stay ahead of him through 120mph with him on just motor. His car with the juice runs 11.30 so I obviously couldn't hang. If you can hook you should be able to pull it off the line but without some extensive modding he'll shoot right by you, those cars pull like mad.

If you put some spray on it you might have a chance. I have stock heads but i have a 100 shot. I raced an 01 ss last friday and he stayed a car out from me. If i had some tires that might have been different seeing as i spun through 1st and 2nd pretty badly.

Get your supercharger and some tires and come back and tell us how bad you whipped his lswhat!!!

I think with or without drag radials you can take him. I've seen your combo with a custom cam go mid 12's in a hatch.
Doesn't look like you have a cam, so get one custom, because the y heads are extremely intake biased, way more than you are going to get from an off the shelfer. Wouldn't hurt to have the exhaust ports opened up a bit, but it will have to be by hand since no one has a cnc program for them.