me vs 04 GT

• Sponsors (?)

As mentioned above, if he has a 5-speed car, you will lose. Those 99+ Mustangs are pretty fast for no more than they are, running about 14.0 @ 100 mph stock. It takes a little bit to get our cars to run 14.0's, and even more to make your AOD-E run 14.0.

I dunno man, I played with my bud on the highway, he has an 02 vert s-speed with exhaust and gears, I was basically stock (also a vert) and I kept right up with him to 110mph that day (from 70)... he didn't really pull at all so I figured he wasn't trying but found out at work that he was...

So I say it can go either way. But it will come down to the driver.

94-302-vert said:
I dunno man, I played with my bud on the highway, he has an 02 vert s-speed with exhaust and gears, I was basically stock (also a vert) and I kept right up with him to 110mph that day (from 70)... he didn't really pull at all so I figured he wasn't trying but found out at work that he was...

Yep, it is all in the driver. I have beat cars that are faster than me or should be.

In the end the 99+ is faster no matter what the turnout of the race based on driver.

im an automatic. the 04 in question is an auto too, bone stock down to the nitty gritty. i was hoping it would be close to make it exciting :) i wouldve went with a bigger stall or a manual if i could have. the mods on my car were installed before i got it, so i had no say so. im saving up for some new heads or maybe a shot of NOS.

VulcanGT said:
im an automatic. the 04 in question is an auto too, bone stock down to the nitty gritty. i was hoping it would be close to make it exciting :) i wouldve went with a bigger stall or a manual if i could have. the mods on my car were installed before i got it, so i had no say so. im saving up for some new heads or maybe a shot of NOS.

You'll never know until you.....
:Track:

His car being a stock auto car changes everything. It will be close, but you have a chance. You would loose stcok vs stock obviously, but your gears give you a slight advantage IMO. I raced my buddy's auto 99GT w/exhaust from 20 to about 70mph. He had a 1/2 a car on me in the end. He would have kept pulling on me, but it was close enough to where gears would have given me the advantage. You can take him. If it were a 5spd car w/a good driver, you would definatly loose.

94-302-vert said:

shouldnt have been close at all

:lol: I guess people shouldnt drink and post on forums... leads to much confusion.

Id say race him. My friend has an 02gt, and it wasnt THAT much faster then my car, Its all in the driver as everyone stated before. Just race him, you could always use the experience of launching your car.

damn...no more 4.6 vs. 5.0 posts.

Back to the topic at hand, race him for kicks, but you'll get beat, no big deal. I WAS the fastest car at school (not saying much) till this chick got a 01 GT Auto Vert.