me vs. 98 GT w/ few mods

• Sponsors (?)

with his mods, he'd have to be running some DR's and be a REALLY good driver to break high 13's in that car. From a stop, i'd say you'd prolly take him since you have a 5.0 with more torque than he does, but from a roll i would think he'd have some sort of a chance if he drove it right.

I raced a 98 with a few basic mods...we had the same thing except i had gears...3.73. I would put a car or two on him out of the whole but right before we stopped racing, i dont know how far we went, he would be gaining a little bit, but i was still ahead.

So if he had gears, or i didnt, it would probably be MUCH closer. I would get the edge in the beginning and he would get it up top...gonna come down to who can slam the gears better. And whether or not you can keep a lead or he can make up ground.

GO DO IT!

the thing is it was my good buddy's car before it was this other guys car...i believe what my buddy says about it, but i dont believe everything the current owner says about it.....we'll see tho idk when were gonna race but its prob gonna be a while cause were gonna get snow tonite....

GRGT1994 said:
You'll walk him. Should be fun though.

:bs: Nope, the 98 should win. Sorry Michael, but the only real mod you have is that mid-pipe. He's got an intake. My ex-g/f's 98 AUTO GT with NOTHING but a PI intake ran a 14.8 with HER driving! It was her first time racing too. I'd like to see you run a 14.8. :) Sorry, but I think you will lose. But I don't think he beat an LT1, that sounds like crapola

CManT1914 said:
:bs: Nope, the 98 should win. Sorry Michael, but the only real mod you have is that mid-pipe. He's got an intake. My ex-g/f's 98 AUTO GT with NOTHING but a PI intake ran a 14.8 with HER driving! It was her first time racing too. I'd like to see you run a 14.8. :) Sorry, but I think you will lose. But I don't think he beat an LT1, that sounds like crapola
in the end, i do think i'll lose, but my buddy who owned the car before this kid has driven both that 98, and my 95 and said mine had MUCH more low end, and the 98 had a smidge more high end power.....we'll see.....i dont think he'll wipe me, like i said maybe 2-3 car lengths...

stprorolla49 said:
in the end, i do think i'll lose, but my buddy who owned the car before this kid has driven both that 98, and my 95 and said mine had MUCH more low end, and the 98 had a smidge more high end power.....we'll see.....i dont think he'll wipe me, like i said maybe 2-3 car lengths...

Nah, it definitely won't be a wiping as you put it, but I think he will beat you, unless he can't drive. FWIW, the whole 'your's has a lot more low end' stuff is mainly a deception. 94-98 were rated the same amount of torque (and HP with 98 having 10 more hp). The only reason the 5.0 feels more torquey, is because it makes torque a little lower than the 4.6, and it has a steeper power band. The 4.6's have a broader power band, so they don't "feel" as fast because they have the power come on smoother than the 5.0 that has the power come on quickly, resulting in that throw you in your seat sensation, then falls off quickly too.