me vs. friend

bad98sst

Feb 28, 2004
Got destroyed by my friend

Well not too long ago I posted a question about a race. Ive got a stock dodge ram SS/T 360 short bed/short cab 2wd with only a k&n and full synthetics and my friend has a 1994 GT convertible AOD with a k&n off road h pipes, and flowmaster three chambers. Most people said that this car should run in the mid 15's and my truck is supposed to run a very high 15. Well we ended up lined up at a light on an empty road and went at it. I couldnt beleive how easily he walked away from me. By 55mph he had already pulled atleast 2 maybe 3 cars on me. His car just seams much faster than it should be. His 75,000 miles AOD chirped the tires going into third! Im kinda thinking that his car is some kind of factory freak and it really suprised me. He was thinking that his car should easily get into the 14's on the track and now im startin to beleive him. Oh well just thought id share and see what you guys thought.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Man,

I'm gonna say this, if he is chirping third, he at least has gears you don't know about. If not gears then one hell of a shift kit. Course i am no automatic guy, but i don't think this possible with the stock tranny and gears.

jason

I know it seems pretty hard to beleive. I guess it is possible it has gears because the guy before him did have the flowmasters welded up (who doesnt :shrug:) but i know for a fact the speedometers not off so if he did have gears put in the speedomater has been fixed. Oh well se what kind of times hes pulls up at national trails this summer.

a 14 sec mustang? thats un heard of! the aod aint as bad as everyone makes it out to be...yes its a slug compared to a t5 ,but better than an a4ld! maybe his tires were really cold, the ground was damp or just plain out bad tires...or maybe you heard a hicup in his blowmasters ;)