Mega Squirt question?

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
Ok getting ready to drop my car off back at the shop to get the sub frames in and 6 point roll bar installed..And the shop asked how the car was running its been done now for to close to a year..I said fine..except for a hot start problem now and then..which we knew what it is...They tuned with a moates QH but he said that i should go with the new MS plug and play way better and thats what he has on his own mustang set-up..So my question is anyone using it here and how do you like it?

• Sponsors (?)

Ive been using it for about a year now. It is a great product for the money, im very happy with how my car runs with it. If your car is running good with what it has i dont think you will gain any power or make the car faster. It may be easier to work with, but i dont know that for sure. I have never used a quarterhorse.

He was telling me that there is better features with a MS like i wont have to use a MAF anymore...boost control...just things he said is better for my set-up...he said he can fine tune it better also...with the MS...i have one issue that i know can be fixed with the QH i have a hot start problem..because he forgot to shut the pulse width down on start up no biggie i just plant my foot down to shut the injectors off car starts right up..i know that can be fixed with the QH...but i think for me i going MS might be better down the road if i can motors or different set-ups etc,...Im glad you like the MS i hear good things about them...

I do like the plug and play megasquirt, but it is kinda limited. Its only batch fired, and i dont think you can get boost control with the plug and play deal. When i bought my box they told me i could add nitrous control to it if i sent the box back and they upgraded it. Well, i called to have the controller put in and they told me it wouldnt be worth putting the nitrous controller on the box, just buy the MS3x setup. I think the MS2 PnP is a good setup, but i feel like ive outgrown it, and i think to really get the features you are looking for you have to build your own box with exactly what you want. I am going with the Holley HP box soon actually. I think the holley stuff is a little more user friendly and i can run full sequential fuel and spark thru that.