Meguiars #26 Wax vs. NXT Generation Tech Wax

matthew37502

Jul 9, 2004
I ususally do the 3 step Meguairs wax once on my stang, followed up by the #26 wax at a later time. Well its that time to apply to #26 to my car. But Meguairs came out with a new wax, the NXT Generation Tech Wax, which is a synthetic wax, not carnauba.

Now #26 is their top line wax, but since they came out with this NXT, I am having second thoughts. Has anyone used this wax yet? Or would you recommend using this wax, or just sticking with the #26?

• Sponsors (?)

Check out the pics at the webshots link in my sig, you can see pics of my GT of both. I have an album after a detail with #7 topped with #26 and another album after a detail with NXT Tech Wax. The look is going to be a bit different. There is nothing like a carnauba for that deep wet look but, NXT does come close.

Of course theres gonna be a difference w/the pics. One set was photographed in the shade and one in the sun. Either would look different when taken in different settings. I use the NXT wax and I think it looks good too.

Actually if looked at all of them there are pics in both sets in full sun. Here are two. The lighting in these two pics is pretty close considering they are taken 2 years apart and in different states. Just looking at pictures the difference may not be that obvious to someone who has never seen the car in person but, to me the difference is plain as night and day. They both look awesome but, different.

#7,#26
2760front726.jpg

NXT
2760frontquarternxt.jpg

$15 at O'Reilly. Bought some today and put it on. I put my fancy Klasse back on the shelf after trying this stuff. Trust me...you owe it to yourself to at least try this stuff. I was floored at the results...and I used to detail cars for a living. Best stuff I've been around. :D

Mathew:

I have experience with both products. In fact, I have been doing the three step Maguires program but substituting the Tech Wax as step 3. I put two coats on of the Tech with the second one being very light. This process has given me the most awesome results of any wax I have ever used, and I have used some good ones.

The Tech Wax gives the car sort of a gell-like appearance which i have seen only from expensive imported Carnuba waxes when I clean and seal the car with the first two steps.

The shine is more durable than Canuba too, but not as much as I had hoped. I have also tried putting carnuba over the Tech Wax. I use PS215. I can not tell the difference when I do this. I have a black car BTW, so other colors may yield different results.

I also use the NXT Booster wax when I wash the car most of the time.

Been using the NXT since I got the 04 Vert... it appears to do a good job, however I seem to be collecting more dust on this car using the NXT, than any product I have used on any other car in the past. Anyone else notice an increase in dust build up with NXT?