Meh, track vids...

myponyrocks

I have more billet on the Stang than most women ha
Apr 18, 2004
Well first time to the track since the blower...

Old N/A best... 14.4 @ 98 AVG times 14.6 @ 96

First runs, not so great. Then I clicked off the 13.9 @ 105 but I'm still not happy. (I know the 14.5 run I spun 1st and 2nd) we did have a strong head wind until the 13 run, but that's not a good enough excuse.

So how do you launch Nitto NT555's? (Non-D/R type) Cold, Warm, Hot? I was launching from 2,500-2,000 @ 20-18psi all with a quick peel/burn for rocks, but no heat. I wanted to try a full 35psi at idle launch to see what the MPH would be, because that's how I clicked off my 14.4 N/A on my Khumos... but those were on the stock wheels, I would think with the Nittos at low PSI and with 315's I'd get more traction... but it was kinda cold out, I think low 60's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR0st3i1AnQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDKFz2-jtUM

DSC00162.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

*EDIT* Forgot to add I can't get into 3rd, but I can still hit 13.5's at least even with the 3rd lock out... so how do I launch on these tires?

• Sponsors (?)

Moral of the post... hit up a test'n'tune before ya go straight to comp's (although I didn't lose and we got rained out... I'm still not happy with the results. Adding 100 RWHP and good rubber does not = .5 sec.)

told you that you should have gotten some rubber:rlaugh: ... hehe, jk with ya..

To your question.....
so how do I launch on these tires?

I wouldnt really launch, but slip the clutch. lower the tire pressure to 17-22psi, or whatever your comfortable with. Put the car in first gear, rev, dump the clutch to clean off any dirt and rocks on the tires, but no need to do a burnout. Rev the car to 2500-4000rpm(slipping the clutch just depends on driver/hp/gearing. Each person likes to do it a bit differently), let the clutch out until you feel the car grab, then hammer it. If you still spin when you hammer it from a slight role, play with it until you get it figured out. Ive done it quite a bit on street tires, but never with 400hp, or somebody that has experience with it might be of more help.

Or you could just save yourself the headache and buy a set of MT or BFG drag radials and knock a second off that time.

BTW, why run the car if you dont have a 3rd gear? Is third gear gone, or do you have trouble shifting it at the track? What was the DA in CSprings? Your blower car is going to be effected more by that altitude than an NA car will

I'm at 65XX' above sea level :(

The KB GT in the vid is around 420+ rwhp with a best of the night at 12.7 on D/Rs

It does help though, proves to me I can get mid 13's like I suspect.

+1 The altitude up here at Bandimere is brutal....

Nice car man, it is sweet! Did you do the install of the KB yourself or did you have a shop do the work? I am looking for a good shop here in Denver....

Winters,

Times were 14.1 @ 96 then @ 97 for my time trial runs... (strong head wind on those 2)

First elimination round (the 14.5 run) I spun through 1st and part of 2nd but clocked at 104.X (crosswind)

The 13.9 had a slight tail wind I think

60's are all round 2.14/2.16 I'm pretty sure I can get 2.0 60's on these tires. I just gotta figure out the new tires and the bump up of 100 rwhp.

DA is usually between 7k and 10k depending on who you listen to... for whatever reason it doesn't show on the slips. Usually it does.

I really wanted to launch off of idle since that's always a good base line to work off of, but we got rained out.

*EDIT* Oh and 3rd, I just can't power shift into so I lose a 10th or 2 while I "baby" it in. I race like that because it gets my club points, and I still have a great time :)

+1 The altitude up here at Bandimere is brutal....

Nice car man, it is sweet! Did you do the install of the KB yourself or did you have a shop do the work? I am looking for a good shop here in Denver....

The KB GT is a friends and he installed it himself, mines got a Novi and I didn't have the time or tools so I had to pay to play.... I'm down in the Springs though. For up in Denver I'd get with Scott Patten at P&P he knows these cars very well.

The KB GT is a friends and he installed it himself, mines got a Novi and I didn't have the time or tools so I had to pay to play.... I'm down in the Springs though. For up in Denver I'd get with Scott Patten at P&P he knows these cars very well.

Oooops, yeah I got your cars mixed up...I remember you had the Novi now, sorry bout that. I have heard of P&P before, it's just WAY out there lol...thanks again.