Melling oil pump broke like candy cane

Yeah if the flange became thinner there's a chance the mounting bolt could bottom out in the block before everything's properly tight. .. Something to look out for.
its actualy the suction tube mounting flange .with the pump mounted on the block it would be the lower hole .the material around the bolt hole is barly 3/16 thick . i can clearly see a crack in the midle of the small piece the came off and i am wondering if it happend when it was threaded at the factory? it looks like an expansion crack. the other bolt hole has a lot more material around it. still waiting on a new pump but i will be looking at it with a magnifying glass thats for sure.

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same problem with that pump when I put my 5.0 together. I torqued it up and then noticed the crack and replaced the pump.
where was the crack ? do you think the second pump held with out cracking he said tring not to scair the crap outa you:rlaugh:. was it just cracked or didit actualy come off like mine? mine has a rear sump so the sucker tube will be bolted solid to the main cap ,that is one good thing .but that hole is realy going to worry me as thin as it is. i wonder if a stud and lock nut would be better atleast in that hole?