Memorial Race Weekend Aug 19... Good Prize Money

TweekedGT

Jul 22, 2004
Alberta
Well August is upon us once again. One of the girls at work is a real drag racer along with her whole family. About 4 years ago her brother was working with a paving crew. He was in front of the roller shoveling or raking the ashphalt. The operator of the unit put the brakes on and jumped out. Needless to say the brakes on the steam roller failed. Before anyone could stop the machine it rolled onto my friends brothers leg and pinned him and kept rolling. He had his back turned to the roller at the time. He was screaming and by the time anyone could get to the machine it was too late :nonono: . He had built a early 80's Chevy S-10 race truck with help from his Dad. It's tubbed out and is really sharp. Always the weekend close to the 19th is the memorial race weekend for him. He loved racing. His Dad races a 60's or 70's Acadian with a built motor that runs 10's. My friend, one of the twin daughters in the family, now races the truck. It is this coming weekend, Aug 19,20,21. The weekend pretty much revolves totally around street cars. The family donates and raises money from sponsors in memory of their son. This year it looks to be a great weekend. There are prizes for the best looking car, draw prizes, and of course prize money for the winner of the Saturday night races. I believe first place gets $500 or $1000. I don't remember what they said they had this year. There are pressure washers and all sorts of prizes. I think they said there is a total of $3000 in prizes this year. All for street cars. So if anyone is interested in coming to the Drag strip in Medicine Hat to race, this is the weekend to do it.

• Sponsors (?)