Met the girl of my dreams today

• Sponsors (?)

Yes i did, still makes me laugh thinking about the smile on that old mans face. So anyway, Friday i went to the cruise in with some of my hotrod friends, felt kinda bad not taking jamie, but i still have to hang out with my other friends, then Saturday i went to the first home foot ball game with her, then Sunday we did our database homework till 1 this morning, while we were doing our homework she introduced me to her roommates, wow hot girls have hot friends, but that is neither here nor there. Today went to class with her, she was looking extra hot today, Friday when i got my mustang out, she washed hers up and parked it right beside mine while i was inside my apartment, that would have made a really sexy picture but i didnt have my camera on me, next time i get them beside each other i will snap a pic for yall, I’m going to see if i can swing another date this week. Just got paid so i might take her somewhere real nice :shrug: Any suggestions

Do you have a drive in near you? That would allow for a nice intimate setting, and if things happen they happen, if not, then you at least had a good time watching a movie together.

But now that you've mentioned the room mates, you have to get pictures of them too.. preferrably washing the mustangs in bikinis... :D I just made my day... Thanks...

BDT 1967 said:
Yes i did, still makes me laugh thinking about the smile on that old mans face. So anyway, Friday i went to the cruise in with some of my hotrod friends, felt kinda bad not taking jamie, but i still have to hang out with my other friends, then Saturday i went to the first home foot ball game with her, then Sunday we did our database homework till 1 this morning, while we were doing our homework she introduced me to her roommates, wow hot girls have hot friends, but that is neither here nor there. Today went to class with her, she was looking extra hot today, Friday when i got my mustang out, she washed hers up and parked it right beside mine while i was inside my apartment, that would have made a really sexy picture but i didnt have my camera on me, next time i get them beside each other i will snap a pic for yall, I’m going to see if i can swing another date this week. Just got paid so i might take her somewhere real nice :shrug: Any suggestions

How about Denny's? LOL J/K

It might be time to break out the secret weapon - the "Home Cooked Meal By Candlelight!"

Works every time....

Or you can do something creative like plan a picnic. Chicks are always impressed by thoughtfulness :D

You're kind of at a point that the only way you'll know whether or not to move much further forward is by your own instincts.

I'm basing this on the thought that you're honestly wondering if this will be the woman you spend the rest of your life with. Not saying your getting married next week, there's nothing wrong with dating for a few years, I dated my wife for 3 and married at 28.

You also have to look at the angle of how do you want her to react? Yeah, you're young, the little head is trying to do all the thinking for the big head. If you honestly want this woman to be around for the rest of your life, how do you know that the desired reaction for little head isn't the same reaction she gives to all guys? You don't want any part of that.

Now if you're not looking to spend the rest of your life with this woman, I guess I'm not the person to give you advice. I'm not one of those 'how many notches in you pistol handle' type guys, they typically have to have yearly (or more often) tests that I haven't had to worry about. I hate to admit it, but I have a buddy that carrys a card that shows he's 'clean'.

1320stang said:
You're kind of at a point that the only way you'll know whether or not to move much further forward is by your own instincts.

I'm basing this on the thought that you're honestly wondering if this will be the woman you spend the rest of your life with. Not saying your getting married next week, there's nothing wrong with dating for a few years, I dated my wife for 3 and married at 28.

You also have to look at the angle of how do you want her to react? Yeah, you're young, the little head is trying to do all the thinking for the big head. If you honestly want this woman to be around for the rest of your life, how do you know that the desired reaction for little head isn't the same reaction she gives to all guys? You don't want any part of that.

Now if you're not looking to spend the rest of your life with this woman, I guess I'm not the person to give you advice. I'm not one of those 'how many notches in you pistol handle' type guys, they typically have to have yearly (or more often) tests that I haven't had to worry about. I hate to admit it, but I have a buddy that carrys a card that shows he's 'clean'.

Solid advice,
Thanks,
As far as the reaction that she would give if it went to far to quick, I think would be a negative one. From what i have learned about her in these past 2 or 3 weeks points to a girl that is not looking for a play toy, but a future. This could be one of the reasons that she is still single, most guys our age are only looking for the best interest of the "D". She probably picked up on this on our first date, and that is probably why we are still goin out. We will see what happens .
I am actually looking for a long term relationship, the way i see it i have 1 more year of college, i have always planed on getting married less than a year after getting out. So that doesn’t leave me very much longer to find the girl that i have been looking for my entire life. To be honest with you i have had more fun with this girl than any other girl in my entire life, and we haven’t even gone past second base. I can only imagine what anything after that would be like. I know that goin all the way only confuses things if it is too early, so i am not going to press the issue at all. If this girl is actually the girl of my dreams than i don’t want to make any hasty decisions that will screw up what momentum i have. (or what ever it is i have going for me) I just don’t want to mess this up, I don’t know what I would do if I screwed up a chance of spending a lifetime with the finest girl at friends university. :bang:

1320stang said:

Solid advice,
Thanks,
As far as the reaction that she would give if it went to far to quick, I think would be a negative one. From what i have learned about her in these past 2 or 3 weeks points to a girl that is not looking for a play toy, but a future. This could be one of the reasons that she is still single, most guys our age are only looking for the best interest of the "D". She probably picked up on this on our first date, and that is probably why we are still goin out. We will see what happens .
I am actually looking for a long term relationship, the way i see it i have 1 more year of college, i have always planed on getting married less than a year after getting out. So that doesn’t leave me very much longer to find the girl that i have been looking for my entire life. To be honest with you i have had more fun with this girl than any other girl in my entire life, and we haven’t even gone past second base. I can only imagine what anything after that would be like. I know that goin all the way only confuses things if it is too early, so i am not going to press the issue at all. If this girl is actually the girl of my dreams than i don’t want to make any hasty decisions that will screw up what momentum i have. (or what ever it is i have going for me) I just don’t want to mess this up, I don’t know what I would do if I screwed up a chance of spending a lifetime with the finest girl at friends university. :bang:

By the way just a side note, she said that we met last year, I was hittin on her at a stop light right after she bought her car, I was ridding in my friends black truck. I do not remember any of this but my friend does, clearly i had had a little too much of the fire water that night.

BDT 1967 said:
By the way just a side note, she said that we met last year, I was hittin on her at a stop light right after she bought her car, I was ridding in my friends black truck. I do not remember any of this but my friend does, clearly i had had a little too much of the fire water that night.

Apparently, you made an impression even then. :nice: It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders about this girl. Be patient. You both seem to be into each other, and comfortable w/ the pace things are going at so far. Good luck. I will continue to read on, and be rooting for you!

<---Goes back to munching on his popcorn and anxiously awaits the next update.

CarFreakGT said:
Apparently, you made an impression even then. :nice: It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders about this girl. Be patient. You both seem to be into each other, and comfortable w/ the pace things are going at so far. Good luck. I will continue to read on, and be rooting for you!

<---Goes back to munching on his popcorn and anxiously awaits the next update.

Ditto that CarFreakGT :nice:

Also - good job on hanging out with your friends over the weekend. Always good to keep her guessing. Also, "absence makes the heart grow fonder!"

BDT 1967 said:
Solid advice,
Thanks,

Very good plan! Like Larry, I dated the girl for (almost) three years - but unlike Larry, I married at 21 (she was 22) :D Did it work? Let me get back to you after Oct 22, which will be our 23rd wedding anniversary. One thing I noticed, let me look for it.....
BDT 1967 said:
Yes i did, still makes me laugh thinking about the smile on that old mans face. So anyway, Friday i went to the cruise in with some of my hotrod friends, felt kinda bad not taking jamie, but i still have to hang out with my other friends...
Ohhhhh, bad Juju, bad Karma, whatever! :nonono: The girl may not much like your buddies, but you gotta let her make that decision! Don't keep her away from them - she's become as much part of your life as they have.
And, you seem to be getting along well enough that you should be showing her "the total package" (not that package, you horn-dawgs!) including all your less-than-perfect buddies and personality quirks. You did say you're now looking for somebody to marry someday - how long do you plan on staying married to this girl or whomever?
By the time Mrs StangDreamin' and I had been dating for 4 months (I know it hasn't been that long for you yet), she had already seen the "horseback Copenhagen target shoot" - You spit at an open-and empty 24-pack beer box from a full run, closest to dead-center IN the box wins. At 6 months, she knew my odds, based on how I did at the roping, how much alcohol I'd consumed and which horse I was on that night. She absolutely hated the whole idea; but she would help me win :nice: Susan decided my redneck buddies, gun collection, radio collection and flakey idiosyncrasies were worth my good points ( :shrug: ); and, well, 23 years next month :D
I know, some of the younger guys are just sitting there screaming (at their screens), "PITTB!"; but there could be a lifetime at stake.

BDT--Pretty sound advice so far on this thread. Another thing to keep in mind: As things progress, don't feel compelled to give details about "how far you go" w/ her. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't bother me at all. But, keep in mind that you never know what eyes might be checking out this thread.

You sound serious about this girl and seeing where things may go. You're both into Mustangs, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that she may sometime stumble onto this site. That's if she hasn't/doesn't already. It probably wouldn't do much to help your cause if she sees a post telling how you PIITB, or something else of that nature. Be a gentleman, and not only when you're in her presence. "Discretion is the better part of valor."

Also, you asked about something for the two of you to do. You have a drop-top. It's a great time of year to do something outdoors. Anything--picnic, drive in the country (leaves will be changing soon), check out a sunset, tailgate at a football game.

Best of luck, man. :cheers:

CarFreakGT said:
BDT--Pretty sound advice so far on this thread. Another thing to keep in mind: As things progress, don't feel compelled to give details about "how far you go" w/ her. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't bother me at all. But, keep in mind that you never know what eyes might be checking out this thread.

Good advice here, and not just because she might read it someday. It would be degrading to her even if she didn't read it. You'd never want to have written something personal like that about your wife! You seem like the gentleman she deserves :D