Met the girl of my dreams today

• Sponsors (?)

Follow this advice

Everyone is giving you great advice here on page five. I have been reading and wasn't going to put my dog in this fight. The advice you getting here lately seems very sound for a long and meaningful relationship and it sounds like that is what you after. 15 years and a few months ago my wife and I drove away from our wedding in a 65 convertible. Felt luckey to have the girl and the car then still do today. That type of relationship won't happen if you think or follow advice to think only with the little head. Give it time move slow.

CarFreakGT said:
BDT--Pretty sound advice so far on this thread. Another thing to keep in mind: As things progress, don't feel compelled to give details about "how far you go" w/ her. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't bother me at all. But, keep in mind that you never know what eyes might be checking out this thread.

You sound serious about this girl and seeing where things may go. You're both into Mustangs, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that she may sometime stumble onto this site. That's if she hasn't/doesn't already. It probably wouldn't do much to help your cause if she sees a post telling how you PIITB, or something else of that nature. Be a gentleman, and not only when you're in her presence. "Discretion is the better part of valor."

Also to add to this great advice in this thread, whatever you say about her without her around will translate eventually to how you act when you are with her. If you are respectful towards her in conversation, you'll be respectful with her, if you're a dick towards her in conversation, you'll be alone fairly quickly. If she truly is the Stangette of your dreams, treat her that way and when the time comes tell her. And if she accepts your beer chugging, fart lighting buddies, then you better think seriously about keeping her around for a long time, especially if she wins the belching contest. :rlaugh:

If they ask about your sex life with her, "Did you PITTB yet?" Be a gentleman, "You know that's a good question." and leave it at that.

68keyblr said:
You seem like the gentleman she deserves :D

I don’t know about that, I still think that she is way out of my league. I still get nervous every time I go to pick her up to go on a date. She is just too perfect. Some of my friends saw us and they said we are perfect together.

BDT 1967 said:
I don’t know about that, I still think that she is way out of my league. I still get nervous every time I go to pick her up to go on a date. She is just too perfect.

BDT--Whether you realize it or not, you just spoke volumes w/ those three sentences. My wife and I started dating ~7 years ago, and got married 4 years ago. When we met, I remember feeling the same way that you describe. I still wonder sometimes why in the world she puts up w/ a fool like me. All I can say is that I'm a lucky man. I hope that this continues to go well for you.

On a lighter note, someone made a comment about her winning a belching contest, and hangin' w/ your fart-lighting buddies. That would be a sure sign of a keeper! :nice: And, dude, if she DOES win a belching contest--buy the ring!!! :hail2:

BDT 1967 said:
Solid advice,
Thanks,
As far as the reaction that she would give if it went to far to quick, I think would be a negative one. From what i have learned about her in these past 2 or 3 weeks points to a girl that is not looking for a play toy, but a future. This could be one of the reasons that she is still single, most guys our age are only looking for the best interest of the "D". She probably picked up on this on our first date, and that is probably why we are still goin out. We will see what happens .
I am actually looking for a long term relationship, the way i see it i have 1 more year of college, i have always planed on getting married less than a year after getting out. So that doesn’t leave me very much longer to find the girl that i have been looking for my entire life. To be honest with you i have had more fun with this girl than any other girl in my entire life, and we haven’t even gone past second base. I can only imagine what anything after that would be like. I know that goin all the way only confuses things if it is too early, so i am not going to press the issue at all. If this girl is actually the girl of my dreams than i don’t want to make any hasty decisions that will screw up what momentum i have. (or what ever it is i have going for me) I just don’t want to mess this up, I don’t know what I would do if I screwed up a chance of spending a lifetime with the finest girl at friends university. :bang:

BDT 1967 said:
Solid advice,
Thanks,
As far as the reaction that she would give if it went to far to quick, I think would be a negative one. From what i have learned about her in these past 2 or 3 weeks points to a girl that is not looking for a play toy, but a future. This could be one of the reasons that she is still single, most guys our age are only looking for the best interest of the "D". She probably picked up on this on our first date, and that is probably why we are still goin out. We will see what happens .
I am actually looking for a long term relationship, the way i see it i have 1 more year of college, i have always planed on getting married less than a year after getting out. So that doesn’t leave me very much longer to find the girl that i have been looking for my entire life. To be honest with you i have had more fun with this girl than any other girl in my entire life, and we haven’t even gone past second base. I can only imagine what anything after that would be like. I know that goin all the way only confuses things if it is too early, so i am not going to press the issue at all. If this girl is actually the girl of my dreams than i don’t want to make any hasty decisions that will screw up what momentum i have. (or what ever it is i have going for me) I just don’t want to mess this up, I don’t know what I would do if I screwed up a chance of spending a lifetime with the finest girl at friends university. :bang:

Dang, you must really like her, you're repeating yourself. :D

(Now if we just knew what board she was posting to about BDT..... :eek: )

If you find her let me know,
jamieoq7.jpg

Attachments

• jamieoq7.jpg
    jamieoq7.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 70
wow...

"I wonder what's going to happen next?" *munch-munch-munch*(Synthetic popcorn munching sound) "Shhhh! I'm watching this unfold with great anticipation and trepidation, seeing if our young Mustang clad hero will truly woo this Mustang Siren, and ride off from the database class into the sunset... so please sir, hold your tongue so that I might be able to return to this lovely story unfolding before us"

Ooops... :D It must be Friday and I must have access to a Thesaurus. :rlaugh:

65mistress said:
Um, just a word of advice, when you refer to anything you have, never preface it with lil or Little or anything referring to a small stature.. thank you, that is all. :rlaugh:

Yeah, it doesn't even work when you're trying to downplay or trivialize something...

"Umm, yeah, honey, I don't know what that is. But, don't worry. It's little."
"Check out this little boil I have on my (insert body part of your choice)."
"Sure, it might hurt just a little. But, if you love me, you'll do it." (By the way, that line never works!!!)

CarFreakGT said:
Yeah, it doesn't even work when you're trying to downplay or trivialize something...

"Umm, yeah, honey, I don't know what that is. But, don't worry. It's little."
"Check out this little boil I have on my (insert body part of your choice)."
"Sure, it might hurt just a little. But, if you love me, you'll do it." (By the way, that line never works!!!)
:lol: :lol: :rlaugh:

What??????? You never had a girl talk you into loading a 150+ pound antique desk into the back of a pickup - by yourself???
Chase down (on foot) the horse she accidentally let loose?
Go rescue her Rottweiler from a pack of possibly-rabid coyotes out by the horse pens?
Sell the horses 'cause a baby was coming? Use your pickup for down-payment on her Pontiac; then continue to work on that POS Pontiac for 7-1/2 long years and multiple wounds/broken knuckles?

"I know it's not fun, but we (she said "We" but she actually meant ME) really need to do it. Please?"

StangDreamin' said:
What??????? You never had a girl talk you into loading a 150+ pound antique desk into the back of a pickup - by yourself???
Chase down (on foot) the horse she accidentally let loose?
Go rescue her Rottweiler from a pack of possibly-rabid coyotes out by the horse pens?
Sell the horses 'cause a baby was coming? Use your pickup for down-payment on her Pontiac; then continue to work on that POS Pontiac for 7-1/2 long years and multiple wounds/broken knuckles?

"I know it's not fun, but we (she said "We" but she actually meant ME) really need to do it. Please?"
Ain't been married twenty five years either................:shrug:

We in marriage usually means Me or the Male half of we, unless of course it's about vacations to Bora-Bora, or some other tropical destination. :) That's the fun of being married.

BUT!! We're not talking marriage yet for our lovely young couple here. :) At least not yet, not until she wins the belching contest... at which point, it's a done deal.