Metal Heaven

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
No, I'm not talking about the place Motley Crue will go when they all die, I'm talking about Metal Supermarket.
A franchised dealer of steel and aluminum plate, bar, tubing, and angle.
I stumbled on the place just today, and MAN!!!

You'd just have to see it to believe it.

Every conceivable size and shape all sitting nice and new w/ some guy just dying to cut it to your specifications, w/o charging you to cut it.

I went into Lowes to buy a 12" x 12" piece of .250 plate, and fell to my knees (the bad, worn out knees).
30.00 for one stinkin piece of steel.

I whipped out the phone and called my regular guy and he had it, but I had to buy 3 feet. (That's always been the problem w/ this yard, I have to buy whatever the "drop length" the particular piece I want happens to be.

It was him that recommended the Metal Supermarket. (Stupid him, lost a customer he's had for 10 years)

I called the MS, asked if they had what I wanted he immediately says yes, and quotes me ten bucks.

I'm there in 10 minutes.
temporary_zps07bb8692.jpg

temporary_zpse9b27719.jpg

temporary_zpseea0ce5e.jpg

They're not everywhere, but if you build anything out of steel or aluminum and you don't have one of these places,.....I feel for you.

And to think I just found this place today, and they've been in Bham for 15 years.

Thats 5 cars built w/o using them.:dammit:

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

We have a local place (Joseph Fazzio Inc) That looks to be exactly the same as what you describe. They have anything you can want or need sitting right on the shelf and for very reasonable prices. I buy 4'x8' .090 6061 aluminum sheets from them for only 90$. I would be lost without a good metal shop close by. They even just started carrying chromoly tubing! YAY!

Congrats on a great find! (Even if it was way too late)