Metco Motorsports

Are they still trading? Had some billet LCAs from them in 2005 but the car has done very few miles (still only 9000). Since Day One I've had creaking like a wooden galleon. Tended to loosen, tighten, grease the hell out of them with synthetic white grease, you name it I did it, sometimes it would go away temporarily but more often then not, back came that damn squeaking. Took her on a 150 mile trip today and the creaking is just ridiculous. The whole thing looks wrong, the bushes look compressed and no matter how tight I torque them, recommended torque or lesser and greater, all I get is a sound like tree in a storm. Initially it was the passenger side one but now the driver's side has joined the merry squeaky toy throng.

I was wondering if they ever did a modified bushing or mounting or if there is anything I can do with them bar hurling them as far as I possibly can. I'm just considering my options before I take them off and throw them in the junk where they belong.

I'm thinking of replacing them with BMR which I had on my last Z28. Are they good for the Mustang too?

• Sponsors (?)

Got a reply and hopefully a resolution.

Metco have come back with this reply:

"We have found that the suspension design used on the 2005 and newer Mustang can be fairly hard on bushings, and that even high-quality polyurethane bushings may fail after a period of time. Shortly after our 2005 Mustang control arms were introduced, we chose to upgrade the outer bushing at each mounting point with a Delrin bushing. Delrin is a high-grade composite material that we machine here at our shop. The Delrin will not compress or deform like the poly in this application, but offers reduced harshess and noise when compared to a spherical bearing or a heim end at the attachment point.
Based on your explanation, it seems you may have one of the early sets assembled with poly bushings. We will be happy to send you the necessary Delrin bushings to upgrade your control arms"

so that's a weight off my mind and I'm not going insane.

I just recently bought and installed the Metco lower control arms on my '07 GT. So far I've been happy with them. I'm guessing because I just got mine that they have the new bushings they're talking about.

FWIW, I've had their upper and lower control arms and watt's link arms on my '03 Marauder for almost five years now and have been extremely happy with them. Metco makes quality gear. I'm happy to hear that they're taking care of you and shipping out the new bushings. This is consistent with the excellent service I've received from them in the past.