MGW FTW!!!

menasci

Aug 17, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Installed my new MGW shifter and I LOVE it!!!! :nice:
It came packaged better than anything I have ever seen.
The shifter came with everything needed for the install, and everything was placed inside it's own ziplock baggy. It even came with an allen wrech and RTV. The shifter was beautifully wrapped in bubble wrap.
I was very impressed!

I had a Triax, then I switch to the Pro50.
The Pro50 is definatly better than the Triax, and I liked it very much.
But, even the Pro 5.0 would miss a gear once in a great while.
Now the MGW is unbelievable! I NEVER miss a gear EVER! And I can shift with more confidence than ever!

The best part is how MGW made the shifter to incorporate the inner shift boot to properly wrap around the shifters shaft with their rubber adapter (as opposed to the other shifters that mutilate it); simply wonderful!

Before ordering the shifter I called George, the owner of MGW, and spoke with him a few times. This guy is so cool. He answered all my questions and had so much patience; very helpful!

Here are my thoughts so far of the MGW....

1. Shortest throw of any of the 3 shifters.
2. The handle is adjustable and is placed much closer to the driver; so easy to reach. I can actually leave my arm on the arm rest and simply shift thru all the gears by just using my fingers. So easy!
3. The shifter is the most solid, well built peice I have ever seen! The quality is SUPERB!
4. It is smmmooooth!
5. It is silent! ( so was my pro50 )
6. It looks so damn good that I hate to cover it with the leather boot.

MGW FTW!!! :nice:

t-45.jpg

Attachments

• t-45.jpg
    t-45.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 472
  • Sponsors (?)

menasci said:
Installed my new MGW shifter and I LOVE it!!!! :nice:
It came packaged better than anything I have ever seen.
The shifter came with everything needed for the install, and everything was placed inside it's own ziplock baggy. It even came with an allen wrech and RTV. The shifter was beautifully wrapped in bubble wrap.
I was very impressed!

I had a Triax, then I switch to the Pro50.
The Pro50 is definatly better than the Triax, and I liked it very much.
But, even the Pro 5.0 would miss a gear once in a great while.
Now the MGW is unbelievable! I NEVER miss a gear EVER! And I can shift with more confidence than ever!

The best part is how MGW made the shifter to incorporate the inner shift boot to properly wrap around the shifters shaft with their rubber adapter (as opposed to the other shifters that mutilate it); simply wonderful!

Before ordering the shifter I called George, the owner of MGW, and spoke with him a few times. This guy is so cool. He answered all my questions and had so much patience; very helpful!

Here are my thoughts so far of the MGW....

1. Shortest throw of any of the 3 shifters.
2. The handle is adjustable and is placed much closer to the driver; so easy to reach.
3. The shifter is the most solid, well built peice I have ever seen! The quality is SUPERB!
4. It is smmmooooth!
5. It is silent! ( so was my pro50 )
6. It looks so damn good that I hate to cover it with the leather boot.

MGW FTW!!! :nice:

I wish I had more money. I'd buy one...

Ever since I installed my Tri-ax I have been disappointed. I have had it for years now and I still remember my initial reaction to the distance between 2-3, I was like WTF this is suppose to be short. It is a lot more solid feeling (than stock) but the throw was not greatly reduced. Can anyone else compare the MGW to Triax from first hand experience?

black_96_GT said:
Ever since I installed my Tri-ax I have been disappointed. I have had it for years now and I still remember my initial reaction to the distance between 2-3, I was like WTF this is suppose to be short. It is a lot more solid feeling (than stock) but the throw was not greatly reduced. Can anyone else compare the MGW to Triax from first hand experience?

Yeah, about two weeks after I got my blue handle MGW, a guy I knew had a Tri-Ax, so I thought I'd test it out because I almost got one. I started laughing when I was going through the shifts on the Tri-Ax. All the throws felt a mile apart. :rlaugh: That new racing handle has to be about the same size as the old blue handle I've got. Looks good.

Can't wait to get mine with the orange handle. Would you guys recommending flushing the tranny and putting in some Synthetic Tranny Fluid while the shifter is off? I heard its easier that way :shrug:

stangGT97 said:
they only offer an orange handle now... best of the blue and red ones apparently. I love my MGW :nice:

I have a red handle in my car, but i just helped my buddy install an orange handle version is his Cobra. I got to take it for a spin and to be honest, i thought my red handled setup had a better look and feel to shifting.

I don't mean the actual shifting, but the angle of the shift knob and such. I'm not crazy about the orange handle tilting it forward like that.

If i could only find a blue handle.

BTW..there was a post not too long ago showing all three handles, red, blue and orange working on the same base. That goes against what a lot of guys said as them not being interchangable, but he posted pics of all 3 working on the shifter

HoustonGT said:
Can't wait to get mine with the orange handle. Would you guys recommending flushing the tranny and putting in some Synthetic Tranny Fluid while the shifter is off? I heard its easier that way :shrug:

I was wondering the same thing as my MGW is supposed to arrive this week :D . I was just going to let the fluid drain for a while, until ever last drop is gone and then throwing in some Royal Purple of Mobil1. Is a tranny flush recommended? I only have 50,000 kms (31,000 Miles)

DEK2K2GT said:
I was wondering the same thing as my MGW is supposed to arrive this week :D . I was just going to let the fluid drain for a while, until ever last drop is gone and then throwing in some Royal Purple of Mobil1. Is a tranny flush recommended? I only have 50,000 kms (31,000 Miles)
Dunno im at 52k miles but im def. gonna switch to Mobil 1 Synthetic Tranny Fluid