MGW FTW!!!

menasci said:
I was just trying to give my review of the MGW. But, people love to chime in and post how great their UPR, Triax, etc are.
Well, I'm happy for them, and they are good shifters. But, I was reviewing the MGW.

I reviewed my MGW as well... remember I SWITCHED from the UPR to the MGW. It is a much higher quality shifter, it just lacks some things that the other shifter had that during the 1/4 I found more reasuring. I don't like power shifting with the MGW because theres always a millisecond of thought "Did it go in gear?" And I think thats affecting my times.

Twista said:
Lol, the 1st part of all mgw threads makes it seems MGW is better than a virgin's 1st time.:SNSign: :rlaugh:
Um actually it wouldn't be... the MGW is too smooth to be a virgin, the MGW is a high quality **** star, super smooth with skillz ;)

• Sponsors (?)

hotmustang331 said:
Why on earth do you care what colour it is GEEZE!!! Its a freegin handle for petes sake :nonono: . Buy the orange one and paint it green for all I care LOL. :nonono:

Um cause each color handle has a different setting/feel

Excuse my ignorance... but what is "FTW"?

Btw, I have the red handled MGW. I can't compare except to stock. I love my MGW and it is notchy (Greg). I know it's in gear when it is. Fifth is a bit of effort but the rest is a dream.

:SNSign:

hotmustang331 said:
HAHA I asked that same question to Jason a little while back. I tried and tried to figure it out and couldnt haha.

FTW= FOR THE WIN

Thanks, I thought it couldn't be something so negative as the old "FTA" when I was in the Army 30 years ago...

Gary, you have a different Tranny though... if you're not going to the track on Friday, get ahold of me some time and you can drive mine around... its silky smooth, and yes I'm complaining about that :p

I had a Pro 5.0 on my 99's T45 and I missed 3rd repeatedly. Eventually broke the 3-4 shift fork. Put the MGW piece on and never looked back. It's the best shifter I've ever used. So good that I got one for my TKO600. Shame he doesn't make one for the Z06......yet. :D

i guess im bringing back an old post here,but im thinking of getting one of the MGW shifters and was wondering where you all bought yours at? wheres the best price? and was also wondering after reading all this if they just offer the one handle now. thanks guys for the help.

mgwltd.com Their website still shows they only offer the orange handle, but I saw somewhere where someone said they offer a racing handle like the old blue handle shifter they use to sell. I'd call them and ask about that. Maybe they haven't updated their website and added that handle yet.

menasci said:
why did this get moved to "Talk"?

Since when is a review of a shifter not Tech? whatever.

If you need Tech here is my install...
MGW.gif

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=528042

The triax is a great shifter, but it has its hang ups. I hated using it towards the end of me having it because getting into third was a hit or miss kinda thing. Nothing worse than shifting to third at 6k rpm only to hear CRUNCH!!!! I havent missed a shift with my stocker since I switch back...