MGW Shift Knob

Highlord8

Jul 19, 2002
So I ordered the MGW shift knob ages ago for my 96, which means that I have no OD button on the shifter, but on the console instead. They tried to contact me by phone to discuss my order, but I never got back to them. Eventually they shipped the knob. I think they wanted to ask me if I wanted to buy what is listed on their webpage as "AOD Adapter Collar (94-96)" in order to get the knob to fit properly. Anyway they finally shipped the thing and it arrived today. I whipped the old t-handle off and put the new knob on in less than 5 min. Rather a simpler design than I was expecting actually. I had to give it a little bit of persuasion with the palm of my hand, but it's on there to the right height as far as I can tell. It works great and I love it. It seems to sit a little lower than the t-handle, but it's still comfortable. I know some people on this board have ordered this knob, so my question is, what's the deal with the adapter collar that I never ordered or recieved? I kind of assumed I wouldn't need it cause my OD button is on the console. Does it make the knob sit a little higher or something?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think it does, but then again it is an auto shifter, so it's not like it needs to be some sort of performance mod. Check whatever account you used to pay for the shifter from and see if they charged you for the adapter. I don't recall if it is extra or not.

LsRedy2Kstang said:
Just call and speak with George the Owner. He would not charge you for something that he did not send first off! Secondly, they are awesome people over there and will answer all your questions!

Well I would, but I'm hearing impared and cannot use the phone. I'm not worried that I was charged for the adapter, I just wondered what it was for since my knob appears to be working properly.

Well that is fine, if you want hit me on AOL IM and I will call them and make sure that you have everything! George is awesome and so Is MGW stuff!

Travis, i just want you to be happy with everything! And no, I don't work for them, just a big fan of all his high quality non-UPR parts!