MGW shifter question

So back a little while ago I got the MGW shifter for my t-5 to replace the stock one.
Install and everything installed a-ok. However I've driven quite a few cars with short throws, and it was definatly noticeable.

After the MGW was installed, the shifter felt good, it was tight. But it definatly didnt shorten the throws at all. Didnt make for a quicker shift, just gave me a firmer, stronger handle. Is there something I'm missing?

• Sponsors (?)

? I was very pleased with mine(blue handle) when I had my T5. Shifts were quick, short and firm... especially compared to stock. The throw on the MGW is said to be shorter than the Pro 5.0 though I never had a chance to compare them side by side. This shifter shortly lead to the demise of my T5 which didn't like all the abuse I was newly capable of and happily dished out.
Kevin

They have a silver handle, which is a shorter throw than the orange handle.

You could look around for an old blue handle. It's VERY short.

I have a red handled MGW.

I bought mine with the orange handle...the shifts felt longer than I was expecting but then I found a new Blue handle and a Red one on ebay from the same guy and they made a big difference I am using the blue one right now.

Mine has the orange handle too. The throw is a lot shorter than stock, but it's not rediculously short. They are talking about shorter handles because with a shorter handle your hand doesn't travel as far making the throw shorter. I think mine is perfect, I wouldn't want it any shorter, I like having some leverage to really rip on the thing with. The key to making your shifts quicker will be the clutch. Even with a stock shifter, you will always be able to move your hand into the next gear faster than your foot can depress and release the clutch fully.