MGW Shifter Stop Screws?

Brody1

Jul 30, 2007
Thanks to all the great responses from owners who have installed the MGW shifter I have purchased one for my 99 S281 Saleen. I'm tired of smashing drink cups in the cup holder on 2nd and 4th gear shifts. I'm ready to install but would like to find out how many current users have opted to not use the Adjustable Shift Stops and have removed the screws. Also, has this caused you any problems by removing them?

• Sponsors (?)

I am using the shift stops in mine. Your Saleen is a 99 so it should have the T-45 transmission, which do not have internal shift stops like the T-3650's are supposed to.

They arent hard to set. Once you set them to where they should be, make sure you engauge EVERY gear including reverse and look each time you do at the distance between the shift stop and the shifter. You should see a very tiny gap between the two but in no way should they be touching.

IF you decide to use them, use a piece of card stock (the thicker printer paper) and place that between the screw when setting it in each gear. Paper should come out, with minor force (ie not leaving marks on the stock). If so, lock the screws.

I coulda sworn Tremecs site said 99+ cars had internal stops, but I'm too lazy to verify.

The T-3650 has GEAR stops...but not shift rail stops.

I set the stops on my MGW very loosely for that reason. The gear will stop, but i don't want the shifter to keep going and bend a fork.

The 96-01 T-45 does not have internal stops