Michigan blows

• Sponsors (?)

On the other hand, you want me to judge it based on a 1-2 day event? Perhaps I was a bit unfair, but I think its more outrageous to say a city rocks because of 1 day involving cars.

And BTW it is a whole week event!!!! And 4 out of the 7 days like I said you cant move for 12ish miles on a 8 lane road!!! So it is a little more than a "1 day event involving cars"!!! There are tents and activities going on every other step you take.. Sidewalks and parking lots are FULL for 12 MILES with spectators. I think you are underestimating this event!!!

I went on the monday before and there were already a TON of cars there. and again on Thursday when it is not supposed to start til friday and it took me a good 20 mins to go every mile.... I dont know too much about older cars but ANYTHING you want to see you will see MULTIPLE of them...This is definitly not your small town car show!!!

And I just thought it was funny, and very confusing, when you said there were corn fields in Novi and Detroit when you were a good 100 miles and 2 HOURS from there by being in Bad Axe, where it is country land, farming, cattle raising, and good hunting.. That is like saying Vegas sucks when you were actually 2 hours from Vegas in the middle of the desert at a little restaurant with 4 slot machine and war!!!!! It is just ignorant... But hey I am really sorry you had a bad time with the 15 people you met here.......

You guys should get up off this guy! Everyone else here can post and complain about ANYTHING and everything they want. One guy lets loose on a place where NOT ONE OF YOU LIVE, and you all go nuts. (You are all in/around the city, not the little town where he stayed.)

If somebody said that Columbus sucked, (maybe it does) I would recommend some things to do, the next time they were here. I'd even offer to buy 'em a Bud, at the local BW3's or something.

You getting pissed off, kinda proved his point that people there aren't all that friendly. Just a thought.

You guys should get up off this guy! Everyone else here can post and complain about ANYTHING and everything they want. One guy lets loose on a place where NOT ONE OF YOU LIVE, and you all go nuts. (You are all in/around the city, not the little town where he stayed.)

If somebody said that Columbus sucked, (maybe it does) I would recommend some things to do, the next time they were here. I'd even offer to buy 'em a Bud, at the local BW3's or something.

You getting pissed off, kinda proved his point that people there aren't all that friendly. Just a thought.

Perhaps you yourself should re-read the original post.

The guy spends a majority of the time in some VERY small towns as well as one night in an apparent Detroit hotel and clams "Michigan blows"!

Of course were going to be pissed, and proves nothing however about our hospitality. Hell, I'd venture to say most of us would be more than glad to be the "guide" and have show him a night on the town.

Of course were going to be pissed, and proves nothing however about our hospitality. Hell, I'd venture to say most of us would be more than glad to be the "guide" and have show him a night on the town.

1) Why does it matter so much to you that ONE GUY has said something about "your" state? Are you on the "Michigan State Board of Travel and Tourism" or something?

2) You didn't offer to be the "guide" for a night on the town, till I mentioned that I would do it, here. Like I said, the "chip on your shoulder" attitude PROVES that you are not being terribly hospitable.

3) I have read the original post. The whole thread even. (Before I responded, the last time.) I am more concerned over your (everyone that smoked the guy) reaction to what he said. It was "zero to pissed" in no time flat. Not a nice response in the bunch. Like I said...

1) Why does it matter so much to you that ONE GUY has said something about "your" state? Are you on the "Michigan State Board of Travel and Tourism" or something?

It's called having a sense of pride...something apparantly you don't seem to agree with.

2) You didn't offer to be the "guide" for a night on the town, till I mentioned that I would do it, here. Like I said, the "chip on your shoulder" attitude PROVES that you are not being terribly hospitable.

I never mentioned that I would...just that many of us would have no problem doing so. I have no chip on my shoulder...but it's starting to sound like you do.

3) I have read the original post. The whole thread even. (Before I responded, the last time.) I am more concerned over your (everyone that smoked the guy) reaction to what he said. It was "zero to pissed" in no time flat. Not a nice response in the bunch. Like I said...

Again, it's called a sense of pride. I tell ya what, how about I start a thread titled "Ohio Blows". It will be based off of a couple night stay in cornfield in Podunk. Maybe just for S&G I'll stay in a hotel in downtown Clevend where the bellhop informed me I "really shouldn't go out at night". I'll spend the rest of the evening in the room watching hotel **** and all the time thinking...Wow! Ohio Blows and there is absolutely nothing to do!

If you don't go zero to pissed based off of half assed assumptions...then I myself would assume you have no pride for the state of Ohio.

I don't know about the rest of everyone else...but I sure as hell tend to be a lot less hospitable when someone tears my state a new a-hole.

My attitude was a reaction to his attitude...he didn't say, hope i have more fun next time, or I really didn't enjoy it, He said it BLOWS.....and i started the thread by defending the things he said were FALSE, we do have working cell phones and we do have working Internet and i find plenty to do. That's why i got annoyed because he was saying things that weren't TRUE...that's my last post in this thread it is really stupid now....

It's called having a sense of pride...something apparantly you don't seem to agree with.

I never mentioned that I would...just that many of us would have no problem doing so. I have no chip on my shoulder...but it's starting to sound like you do.

Again, it's called a sense of pride. I tell ya what, how about I start a thread titled "Ohio Blows". It will be based off of a couple night stay in cornfield in Podunk. Maybe just for S&G I'll stay in a hotel in downtown Clevend where the bellhop informed me I "really shouldn't go out at night". I'll spend the rest of the evening in the room watching hotel **** and all the time thinking...Wow! Ohio Blows and there is absolutely nothing to do!

If you don't go zero to pissed based off of half assed assumptions...then I myself would assume you have no pride for the state of Ohio.

I don't know about the rest of everyone else...but I sure as hell tend to be a lot less hospitable when someone tears my state a new a-hole.

I do have a sense of pride. I also realize that not everyone is going to feel the same way as me. It's called being an adult. You can say what you want about Ohio. (We don't have a town called "Podunk" ;) ) If you are wrong, you are allowed to be wrong. That doesn't mean I need to start picking a fight with you, on a CAR ORIENTED internet forum.

Every word that you say, in "defense" of your wonderful state makes you look like that much more of an ass. (Like Michigan is going to turn into a place that no one wants to go, if you just let what one guy said, go undefended. Nice job, Superman! Wow! I thought for a minute that I may have to teach my children that there are only 49 states in the US! Thank you SO MUCH! Whew!)

Thank you for an engaging conversation. I hope the best for you and your WONDERFUL state.

PS-I don't have a chip on my shoulder. It's just fun to watch you get all bent out of shape, over nothing. ;) If you had just let it go, this thread would have been dead a LONG time ago. :rlaugh:

I do have a sense of pride. I also realize that not everyone is going to feel the same way as me. It's called being an adult. You can say what you want about Ohio. (We don't have a town called "Podunk" ;) ) If you are wrong, you are allowed to be wrong. That doesn't mean I need to start picking a fight with you, on a CAR ORIENTED internet forum.

Every word that you say, in "defense" of your wonderful state makes you look like that much more of an ass. (Like Michigan is going to turn into a place that no one wants to go, if you just let what one guy said, go undefended. Nice job, Superman! Wow! I thought for a minute that I may have to teach my children that there are only 49 states in the US! Thank you SO MUCH! Whew!)

Thank you for an engaging conversation. I hope the best for you and your WONDERFUL state.

PS-I don't have a chip on my shoulder. It's just fun to watch you get all bent out of shape, over nothing. ;) If you had just let it go, this thread would have been dead a LONG time ago. :rlaugh:

Again, perhaps you should once again re-read the original post and tell me who was picking the fight (be it intentional or non).

FYI, according to "The Free Dictionary":

Po·dunk (pdngk)
n. Slang
A small isolated town, region, or place that is regarded as unimportant.

I wasn't actually referencing an actual town...but rather attempting to make a point (which you still don't seem to grasp).

I'll tell you what's childish...it's people attempting to belilttle others with name calling and condescending remarks. I dare you to scour through all my posts on this website from the begining and find any in which I do either.

Another FYI, this is the Off-topic talk section. We are allowed to discuss non-car related topics here. :nice:

FYI, according to "The Free Dictionary":

Po·dunk (pdngk)
n. Slang
A small isolated town, region, or place that is regarded as unimportant.

I

What I said about not having a town named Podunk, was a joke. (It's not as funny, though, if I have to explain it. :bang: ) I think it's hilarious that you actually went and looked up the definition for me! That was very thoughtful. :rlaugh: (You really do let other people define you, don't you?! That's funny!!! :stick: )

Of course, the more times you respond to my posts, the more you push the thread up to the top of the list and EVEN MORE people get to read it. (Including any derogotory things that someone said about MI.) (MI is your state's abbreviation, so you don't have to go look it up. :stick: )

Where's your sense of humor? :shrug: :dead: I'll bet most of the guys that read this think it's FUNNY! (Prolly even some of your MI buddies. :stick: )

Just let it go, man. (I'd even buy you a beer, if you came here. :nice: You coming to the NMRA meet here, next weekend?)

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

PS--I STILL can't wait for November 17, 2007! :nice:

Well maybe we could have went about it in a non "offensive" way, but we ALL suggested things that you could do in michigan which is what a guide would do.

Im not pissed about what he said about michigan at all, he's a cool guy and there's ZERO love loss, but if an attitude was sensed in my reply it was simply from his attitude towards michigan. And then the "half assed" preview that he gave himself just made it worse.

Another thing, its hard to tell people's attitude based off typed words, and its hard to since some sarcasm if its not crystal clear.

And with the burnout light thing, i dont know for sure, but i HIGHLY doubt its a light where its "allowed" but more/less maybe like street racing....a section of the cruise where its much easier to get away with it than others.

Hope there are no hard feelings between anyone, its just sometimes guys personalities show....

Its kinda like if we were walking down the street and a guy said "hey man, i havent been able to find anything to do, you got any ideas for me?".....:)

or "hey man, this place BLOWS....theres not ***** to do here!!!!".......crapola

Now you cant tell me both deserve the same response on the street....:shrug:

so dont be so harsh to judge someone as a person when the same thing.:nice: happens here.:cool:

:SNSign:

What I said about not having a town named Podunk, was a joke. (It's not as funny, though, if I have to explain it. :bang: ) I think it's hilarious that you actually went and looked up the definition for me! That was very thoughtful. :rlaugh: (You really do let other people define you, don't you?! That's funny!!! :stick: )

Of course, the more times you respond to my posts, the more you push the thread up to the top of the list and EVEN MORE people get to read it. (Including any derogotory things that someone said about MI.) (MI is your state's abbreviation, so you don't have to go look it up. :stick: )

Where's your sense of humor? :shrug: :dead: I'll bet most of the guys that read this think it's FUNNY! (Prolly even some of your MI buddies. :stick: )

Just let it go, man. (I'd even buy you a beer, if you came here. :nice: You coming to the NMRA meet here, next weekend?)

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

PS--I STILL can't wait for November 17, 2007! :nice:

TTT :D

Seriously though, you'd be hard pressed to truely get me upset due to ranting done on message forums. Opinions as they say are like A-holes...everyones got one. :D

As far as attending the NMRA meet...what are you thinking? If you would have read my sig, you would see I have a turbo mustang...and you know what they say about those don't ya? You got it...it's not running! :chair:

As far as attending the NMRA meet...what are you thinking? If you would have read my sig, you would see I have a turbo mustang...and you know what they say about those don't ya? You got it...it's not running! :chair:

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

I wasn't talking about "settling it on the track"! (See my sig. Hahahahahahahaha!!!! Of course, if yours isn't running....)

I'll prollly have my kids, so I doubt if I'll get out to the track. There is usually a car show at the Hooter's on Main St, though. Pretty good one, that weekend. because of the Ford's. :nice: