Midas

cronin49

Banned
Aug 12, 2003
SC
Has anyone had any experience with Midas " Ravin " performance exhaust? It is supposed to outflow Flowmaster 40 series mufflers by about 30 %. Anything on Midas at all? I am considering them because of the price and convenience. Crazy Horse Racing here in NJ wants $ 1500 to install a Bassini x pipe with cats, parts and labor. Is this too much? They say this includes everything.

• Sponsors (?)

cronin49 said:
Has anyone had any experience with Midas " Ravin " performance exhaust? It is supposed to outflow Flowmaster 40 series mufflers by about 30 %. Anything on Midas at all? I am considering them because of the price and convenience. Crazy Horse Racing here in NJ wants $ 1500 to install a Bassini x pipe with cats, parts and labor. Is this too much? They say this includes everything.

Didnt you just make a thread about exhausts??? I dont know a single person that has a Midas exhaust on their mustang, or who would put one on. So dont even think about Midas. Heres what you should do, bag the bassani exhaust. Their cats are known to burn up anyways and its too expensive. Get yourself the Magnaflow Magnapack cat back with the Mac Pro Chamber. This will be one loud ass exhaust system. If you really wanna have a nice exhaust then get some BBK LT's with a matching BBK o/r x pipe and the Magnapack cat back. Or you could get the Magnapack cat back with the Magnaflow o/r X pipe, but this will cost you a little more. The Mac Pro Chamber is an o/r H pipe and with the Magnapack cat back will make your car real loud and give you a nice power gain. If you have anymore questions just PM me.

My experience with Midas is that their Mufflers, which do come with a lifetime warranty, tend to fall apart after about a year. Their pipes, which have a one year warranty last about a year and a half. Prolly won't be going back there again.

JonJon said:
Because of a name? :notnice:
I haven't heard Ravin myself but I'd consider it if I could hear it first. If it sounded nice I'd get it, I wouldn't just be like "It's Midas, it's crap". :shrug:

"My experience with Midas is that their Mufflers, which do come with a lifetime warranty, tend to fall apart after about a year. Their pipes, which have a one year warranty last about a year and a half. Prolly won't be going back there again."

Hows that??

03gtmustang said:
"My experience with Midas is that their Mufflers, which do come with a lifetime warranty, tend to fall apart after about a year. Their pipes, which have a one year warranty last about a year and a half. Prolly won't be going back there again."

Hows that??
:shrug:
MAC products do the same thing according to lots of people here, yet people still buy them. :scratch:

Oh, my neighbor has a Borla muffler on his Cougar, it rusted out in a few months. He got it replaced. Therefore, let's never use Borla either.

JonJon said:
:shrug:
MAC products do the same thing according to lots of people here, yet people still buy them. :scratch:

Oh, my neighbor has a Borla muffler on his Cougar, it rusted out in a few months. He got it replaced. Therefore, let's never use Borla either.

Yeah but MAC actually does something for you powerwise too.
Midas is not exactly the performance experts....lol

I know a ton of Midas shops in Southern CA, that will not install the Ravin because they hate it so much- they only install Magnaflow and Flowmaster-

BTW- 1500 or whatever it was is way too much for a catback and X pipe....

You could buy 2 Magnaflow X pipes and 2 Magnaflow catbacks and have them all installed on two cars for the same amount...lol

Ravin Mufflers

Yeah bro bag the ravin's their cheaper for a reason. I also had spent over $500.00 on a Basani x-pipe that I had for a year and a half before the cat's burned up. Nothing beats Flowmaster or any Mac product!