midpipe questions

QuickCapri83 said:
As i've asked in so many threads so far already, what do you guys do about the check engine light, dont you get it when installing an offroad (cat-less) pipe?

Anyways, I have the Magnaflow Magnapac cat-back, sounds pretty good, and just ordered a BBK off-road X-Pipe. How will it sound, and must I absolutly use the MIL Eliminators from steeda, or anything like it, to avoid the check engine light coming on after the install??

I would really prefer to have a functioning MIL, plus it's annoying at night to have that light on, I dont want it on after I install the pipes.

Suggestions/opinions? Oh and how will it sound compared to now, all the rest of the exhaust is stock except for the cat-back.
the mil eliminators only eliminate the bad signal from the exhaust. If something else goes wrong you can still get a mil from other things. You can also turn it off in the tune.

• Sponsors (?)

What do you mean turn it off in the tune? Cause i'm not getting a tune, basically the shop is going to install the x pipe right outa the box and send me on my way, that's it.

Also, i'm worried about a Q&A on BBK's website that lists the pipe I ordered with a clearance problem on some stangs.....it reads like this...

Q. My X-pipe won't seal on my Driver Side exhaust manifold on my 96-04 Mustang. Is this the right pipe? What's wrong?
(part numbers affected include: 1665, 1666, 1669, 1670)

A. The piping itself is correct. For whatever reason, some Mustang models leave the factory with a different style header stud on the Driver side, one that has a "shoulder" on it. This shoulder interferes with the flange, not allowing it to come up all the way and seal against the manifold. There are a couple of things that can be done to correct this. Both solutions require the removal of the factory-supplied studs. Once this has been accomplished, you can either A) replace them with a shoulderless-style stud, or B) simply use a nut-and-bolt setup. This should let the flange to come up further unobstructed, allowing the pipe to seal adequately on that side, providing a leak-free fit.

What should I do, do I even have to worry...does my car have these "shoulder type" studs? I dont get it, it seems to me like the easiest install....

It's going on tomorrow. At first my husband was annoyed that I got it, I think, but then I decided to take the tint off so I wouldn't be such a cop magnet, then agreed to actually go get it inspected tomorrow morning so I'll have a valid sticker, and he said he'd come home early tomorrow to help me install it. EVEN BETTER, I told him I was ordering the SCT tomorrow, and was going to pay for the planned future mods tune, since I knew the next thing I was saving for was the throttle body, and he told me to go ahead and order the tb tomorrow too :D . Only problem with that is I had to promise not to spend any more money on the car until Aug 1, 2007 :( . Don't know how I'm gonna do that. Oh well, there's always Christmas and my birthday.