Might add another pony to the stable!

Any stangers here with more than one stang in the stable?

I've been on 94/95 section for a long time and have found a Fox that I think I must have. I've always wanted a convertible, but have never had one largely because the coupe was what I wanted to build as a project car.

Here's what I know so far about the car:

1991 5.0 LX convertible
Dark green with grey interior and grey top
less than 40K miles
interior/exterior is perfect (literally no wear)
underbody is very clean (wheelwells are spitshine clean)
engine is bone stock
several options from factory were installed
automatic tranny (don't know crap about this)

My 94 will still be a work in progress and will see a new engine combo in a year or two. The Fox will be more of a weekend car for day trips and casual driving. If I buy it, I'm going to add MM subframes, MM K-member brace, and MM STB. All fluids will be replaced and a tune-up will be done (just gotta be sure everything is clean inside).

My wife really wants me to get this car and do what I want to it, as long as it is not as agressive as what is going to happen to my other stang.

Oh yeah........I might buy this Fox next weekend.

I'm a little nervous about getting another car, but my wife is all for it and has already planned on paying it off in a couple months. OMG! I just can't see getting any of the new cars, expecially since I can keep the pushrod alive! :)

• Sponsors (?)

So you want it, your wife really wants it............... what's the hold-up? :rlaugh:

I have an 88 GT vert and the 94 GT. I really enjoy both. There's really not an issue of duplicity since each has it's purpose. Just be prepared for the cowl shake in the foxvert - you're not used to it in your 5N95.

Post pics when you GET THE CAR! :D

My only hold up is spending the money on the 94 instead.

The 91 vert is very nice and in mint condition, but after sleeping on it........I'm getting the urge to complete my project on the 94 rather than risk neglecting it.

Financially speaking, my wife is ready to throw the money either way (about $9K). I really don't have $9K worth of stuff to do to my car without getting into engine/tranny stuff, so maybe I can get much of that accomplished too. I've not done anything so far in the name of horsepower, but I also have 156,000 miles on the clock.

So now I'm putting together a pros and cons list, as well as creating a list of stuff that I need to complete the 94.

Here's what I "have" to get done on my 94 before attacking the engine/tranny:

MM RLCA's ($260)
FRPP UCLA's ($100)
MM Steering Shaft ($250)
Replacement radiator ($150 for stock, $300 for Fluidyne)
Fuel tank & pump assembly replaced (all bone stock and the leveler doesn't work) ($800)
Front Bumper and Rear Bumper (road damage and paint chipping) ($500 to $650)

Once the above is done, there's a lot of money left over and I've got a great foundation for a much stronger motor and tranny. The rear end will get upgraded, but not until the recent rebuild wears out.

don't even price out a stock radiator. fluidyne FTW. you have 9k to spend on either a fox or your 94? i can't see any stock fox costing 9k... if it was me, i would price out a nice engine combo maybe 351 based and compare that to that fox. if you really want a vert then go with the fox. if you want some serious power then pass on it and go with the 94 buildup

..9k for a lx is rediculous.....and as for the 40k auctual miles how are you certin ins not 140k or 240k??? i dont take anyones word on mileage...

i own a 93 gt vert and a 94 gt. i got my 93 vert first bone stock and clean, i dumped tons of money into it being it was my first mustang and i lived at home with no real bills to speak of...i quickly got sick of the convertiable top every issue i have with that car relates to it in some way.. i will never buy another vert for as long as i live. The lady hates the vert top too and she cant drive a stick and i tried to teach her on that car but that was a tradgedy to say the least, so this year i bought her a 94 gt auto...but i find that i drive it more and stuff lol i really like the car a lot more and the auto is easier to drive..not to mention i have alwasy wanted a 94-95 i just got the foz first because when i bought it they were a lot more common and easier to come by.

$9k sounds like a lot of green. Of course, the car is old enough to be one of those "worth what someone will pay for it" deals.

Think of the uses for a bone stock vert. Being "formerly married" I know how important cultivating a relationship can be. You said the car is going to be a "weekend" car, good idea. Keep it stock. (SFC's and stuff a GOOD idea!) Take your wife on a weekend "drive" in the summer in the vert. Just a gas card and "no particular place to go". Works miracles, in a good relationship even. I would put my hard-earned money on that's what she is visualizing when she tells you that she wants you to get it. ;) Plus, it'll only go up in value.

You can always find the $$$ to upgrade your '94 'Stang, as time goes on.

$9k sounds like a lot of green. Of course, the car is old enough to be one of those "worth what someone will pay for it" deals.

Think of the uses for a bone stock vert. Being "formerly married" I know how important cultivating a relationship can be. You said the car is going to be a "weekend" car, good idea. Keep it stock. (SFC's and stuff a GOOD idea!) Take your wife on a weekend "drive" in the summer in the vert. Just a gas card and "no particular place to go". Works miracles, in a good relationship even. I would put my hard-earned money on that's what she is visualizing when she tells you that she wants you to get it. ;) Plus, it'll only go up in value.

You can always find the $$$ to upgrade your '94 'Stang, as time goes on.

I see your point for sure. I've been married 10 years now almost. I honestly think she would be happy with either the vert OR my stang, if the project were nearer to completion.

Well.......scratch this whole idea.

I'm gonna finish off my suspension and a few supporting pieces, then start making calls and sending emails to get either a 347 going or a rebuild of my current stock motor in prep for a blower.

Why? Gonna skip the convertible all together and go for a Factory Five cobra in a couple years. So now I have the "approval" to do something to my engine in a major way. :) I need to spend about $1,500 to finish off the items above, so that leaves me with roughly $7,500.00. Hopefully, that is plenty to get into something reliable, streetable, emissions passable, and making at least 120 more hp/tq. Torque is all I want now, cause she's gonna stay a fun street car that will see occassional long interstate trips and a little traffic once in a long while.

Once I get some feedback from CHP and a couple local engine builders, I'll post up what my ideas and costs are.

Thanks all for the advice above. Just can't neglect my current project......

ive never been a fan of fox verts anyway... they all look saggy... kinda live over time gravity has been taking over... its like women...
That's just wrong.
:(

Car Nut, we can respect your decision. You gotta roll with your gut and the thought of doing a FFR Cobra keeps the fire burning. A kit is something I'd like to do someday.

If the vert was really that expensive, I'd have passed myself.

Good luck with the mod planning. :nice:

Car Nut, we can respect your decision. You gotta roll with your gut and the thought of doing a FFR Cobra keeps the fire burning. A kit is something I'd like to do someday.

If the vert was really that expensive, I'd have passed myself.

Good luck with the mod planning. :nice:

Thanks.

I actually feel a lot better about this now, too.

There's a Fun Ford Weekend coming up here soon in Atlanta (actually Commerce, GA), so I'm going to check out some of the engine setups at the car show and whatnot and see if I can get some info on whether the owner did the work themselves OR if they had a shop do the engine work. My big problem is that I WILL need to pay labor for someone to either drop in a new engine or do a rebuild.

I've got all the time in the world, so leaving my car at an installer for a 2-3 weeks is no big deal. What I don't have is a lot of extra $$$ to make up for mistakes that I could make if I tried to do this myself (not to mention I don't have nearly the tools required to do so).

Thanks again.