Mil Eliminators

stangrulez

Sep 27, 2011
So it's been raining non stop here in Dallas for about 2 weeks. I let my brother barrow my car he brings it back and the cel came on. I ran it for codes and it was both rear o2 sensors. I unplugged the mil eliminators and water was inside both of them. My question is, should I just replace both or has something else gone wrong? Should I replace the o2 sensors as well? I was told to test them, but i don't know how to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And just when I finally had the cel off smh. Car is a 96 gt auto vertical.

• Sponsors (?)

Help me understand where the water is. In the electrical connector or in the MIL itself?

Also help me understand. If the water is dried out, do you still have a problem? If so, what's to test? It's kinda obvious that water and electrical don't play together nice.

Has the car been driven through any high water lately? If so, perhaps consider the "brother driver mod" update........

@wmburns the water was inside the mil and the harness that goes to the o2 sensor. Yes I dried it off with a blow drier for about 15 minutes. What I wanted to know was how to test the o2 sensors to see if they are still functioning. And I'm pretty sure my brother drove it through water when I let him barrow it, it was raining like crazy that day