Mild 88GT. Which heads for $1k?

Tfw and afr are both top notch. I think it would come down to which manufacturer gave you the best deal come purchase time. Just a heads up, don't talk about selling anythng in this thread if you don't want it shut down.

• Sponsors (?)

AFRs, regardless of size (165, 185, 205), are based off of GT40 port shapes and valve locations. Says so right on their website. Twisted Wedges are just what the name says- they use a modified valve angle/location that works "better" than the traditional GT40 style (inline valve) head. So, in my book, TW>AFR. That's not to say that AFRs are junk heads, though.

AFRs, regardless of size (165, 185, 205), are based off of GT40 port shapes and valve locations. Says so right on their website. Twisted Wedges are just what the name says- they use a modified valve angle/location that works "better" than the traditional GT40 style (inline valve) head. So, in my book, TW>AFR. That's not to say that AFRs are junk heads, though.

Exactly, I'm not losing sleep at night going with AFR's but they also werent my first choice either, i scored them in a deal so im going to run them.

This sounds like a good idea. Who sells these, and do they have package deals? Also, I have the GT40 upper and lower, would it be a good idea to get rid of those and get a better aftermarket upper and lower?

Thumper of Orange Park

this is his website. give him a call. I plan on going with this when the funds are there. Flow numbers are great for what it is. Trying to get GT40s for porting though instead of my E7s.
Good luck

Get Edelbrock RPMs no question.. Great quality, great power. They dont make quiet as much power as AFRs but.. the valves, keepers, guides, springs and seals are all superior. That and the intake bolt holes and the exhaust bolt holes are heli coiled making them much stronger and protecting them from stripping out. this comes in really handy on the exhaust side.. I ran them on a 1990 5.0 with a nos setup. The bolt on power was amazing.

Get Edelbrock RPMs no question.. Great quality, great power. They dont make quiet as much power as AFRs but.. the valves, keepers, guides, springs and seals are all superior. That and the intake bolt holes and the exhaust bolt holes are heli coiled making them much stronger and protecting them from stripping out. this comes in really handy on the exhaust side.. I ran them on a 1990 5.0 with a nos setup. The bolt on power was amazing.

:scratch:

Eddy heads are way down there when it comes to bang for the buck. Somewhere along the line the edelbrock company decided everything their name was stamped on is worth its weight in gold and america has bought into it. Their marketing director knocked it out of the ballpark.

Eddy heads are way down there when it comes to bang for the buck. Somewhere along the line the edelbrock company decided everything their name was stamped on is worth its weight in gold and america has bought into it. Their marketing director knocked it out of the ballpark.

Yep. Their intakes are good, but $1000 for the polished Eddie RPM II is ludicrous.

WORDDUP

**** even 819 for their black powder coated one is stupid expensive. I wish they made a bare casting so i could just powder coat it myself.

Yea, that one doesn't even make sense, since you can get a silver powdercoated one for $570. The only differences I can see is the black one's lower is coated, and the silver one isn't, and the black one might get a little finishing work done on the lettering (I say "might" because they could just tape off the letters during powdercoating). But is that worth $250???

Sorry, this is getting OT, haha.

Yea, that one doesn't even make sense, since you can get a silver powdercoated one for $570. The only differences I can see is the black one's lower is coated, and the silver one isn't, and the black one might get a little finishing work done on the lettering (I say "might" because they could just tape off the letters during powdercoating). But is that worth $250???

Sorry, this is getting OT, haha.

Dont get me wrong, the wrinkle finish powder coat is expensive, *compared* to other regular finish stuff, 12.99lb vs 1.99lb But it doesnt take much to powder coat it