Mill heads for 94-95s?

• Sponsors (?)

my heads are milled a LOT. I had to get my lower milled as well to correctly match up to the heads. Other than that I had to redo the valvetrain as due to the head mill and deck surface of the block being milled as well my PR needed to be a good bit shorter. Broke (collapsed) several lifters due to running too long of a PR. End result was valve float and lifters that would not pump up after getting correct PR length.

Other than that...no issues

You should be able to mill the heads up to about 80/1000s and .490 exhaust lift without any issues. I had a friend run this setup with stock ported heads and .512 lift on the exhaust without any piston issues. With some port work it should run like a bat out of hell.

Kurt

...Broke (collapsed) several lifters due to running too long of a PR....Other than that...no issues
:eek:

Kay, thanks, guys. I don't think I'm going to attempt eighty. I was thinking more like thirty to forty depending on what they cc (6037s).
The head gaskets and seats arrived Fedex(!) yesterday, and I pulled the PS pulley last weekend. Jegs > Summit this time. Awesome turnaround.

What about bracketry? The PS bracket comes to mind. :shrug:

You can swing the PS bracket out of the way, or get the reverse torx bit socket to get the 3 bolts and remove the PS, the A/C compressor is like 4 bolts to remove and can prob. sit on a block of wood or milk crate or something stuffed under the car.

My heads are shaved 60-65 and I had to get my lower intake milled as well to get the ports to align. and the correct gaps at the front/rear.