MILs Needed?

• Sponsors (?)

MiamiFan1354 said:
Ok, so I ordered the bassani Headers, Xpipe with cats catback and wiring kit. Am I gonna need a set of MILS to keep the light off?

If the Bassani X-pipe comes with a good set of cats you should not need the MILS. Usually you only need the MIL eliminators when you run an off-road mid pipe. You know that you can turn those rear O2 sensors off with a Predator too, right?

U.M.

I had an Xpipe with cats on my 99GT, and about 2 months after puttin it on, the light came on and I put on a set of MILS and it went right off... Just seein if anyone has used a Bassani Xpipe with a 03/04 cobra to see if that lil light showed up.

Also, I was looken at the apten port, and wanted to know about warranty with that? Anyone know anything about it? Would dealership even look??

MiamiFan1354 said:
I had an Xpipe with cats on my 99GT, and about 2 months after puttin it on, the light came on and I put on a set of MILS and it went right off... Just seein if anyone has used a Bassani Xpipe with a 03/04 cobra to see if that lil light showed up.

Like I stated above, if the cats are of good quality you should not get a CEL. The reason why the light went out on your 99GT as soon as you installed the MIL's is because the MIL's fool your ECM into thinking the rear O2 sensors are still functioning correctly. That's why they are called a MIL! MIL = Malfunction Indicator Light Eliminators.

Also, I was looken at the apten port, and wanted to know about warranty with that? Anyone know anything about it? Would dealership even look??

Ford would never know if your blower had been ported without removing it and inspecting it. I wouldn't worry about the warranty Nazi's finding this out unless you grenaded the blower itself and were trying to get a replacement!

U.M.