mini tub kit

• Sponsors (?)

I have been searching for a while now and still i can not find any kit there is a post in here about mini tubbing a mustang some good tips im going to make my own stuff soon. just to get it done

Yes, it can be done to a FOXbody - I have not seen any pre-fabbed mini-tubs for older Stangs though.

18.jpg

:flag:

What exactly are you wanting? You can purchase steel or aluminum tubs for cheap, but they only make a couple radii, 36" and 40" I believe, and there is a ton of time used to make them fit.

Most race car guys cinsider mini tubs to be where you cut out the factory tubs and put the above mentioned tubs in. You're limited to the factory frame rail location for width.

Another way to do it is to remove the inner wheel well and move it over closer to the frame, you then just add a strip of metal in the indented area of the halves and you'll have to modify where the trunk hinge welds to the inner tub.

1320stang said:

Another way to do it is to remove the inner wheel well and move it over closer to the frame, you then just add a strip of metal in the indented area of the halves and you'll have to modify where the trunk hinge welds to the inner tub.
that is basically a mini tub like 1320 said..If your looking for a "kit" to fit some wider tires, forget it, not one out there yet. there more invlved then just the wheel weels,moving the frame rails,which basically is back halfing the car and then going to a 4 link type set up.

As soon as somebody makes a "bolt in" kit, it gonna be a hot seller.

The only problem with splitting the tubs is that you still have to deal with how rounded they are side to side. With the large, low profile tire/wheel combos today along with the lowered ride heights, many times the wheel well isn't 'square' enough even with the widening.