Mini tub

I have an 83 mustang and put a 87 thunderbird rear end with disc brakes. now i have tire clearance issues. i had 275 40 17s with my 7.5 rear end and had no issues. im using the same tires and rims. are there any shops that do a mini tub in the upstate NY area? or should i have the rear end shortened and axles respline? i have a Detroit locker and 31 spline moser axles.

• Sponsors (?)

Outside of the fender well. i rolled the fender lips in as well with a eastwood re flaring tool. im only hitting by a half centimeter or so. I dont under stand offsets with wheels. i run cobra r rims. Thanks for the help.

Outside of the fender well. i rolled the fender lips in as well with a eastwood re flaring tool. im only hitting by a half centimeter or so. I dont under stand offsets with wheels. i run cobra r rims. Thanks for the help.

minitubbing would do nothing for this situation. You could narrow the rear, but it would be cheaper and easier just to get the correct bracket setup for your brakes that will keep the stock width axles.